Good Rack Tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Oct 19, 2004.

1. ok, im looking to get a rack tuner and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I was looking at korg and they seem pretty cool, but does anyone know of anything "better." i know its just a tuner and they all tune the same way, but maybe one that is made better than another or something like that. thanks a lot everyone!
  2. I have one of the Korg rack tuner (the one that goes straight across the face, not arcing in the center) and I find it's a bit too accurate. In other words, you're wasting time bouncing around between flat and sharp, when you'll be fine to 99% of most peoples' ears. I'd like to find something better, but my favorite tuners are the Boss TU-12H and TU-2.
  3. Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    i actually just bought the sabine rack tuner rt-7000 and its a really nice tuner. though the strobe function is a little confusing, i think that may be just becuase i've never used a "strobe" tuner. But the normal tuning mode is great, is really easy to read and i can actually relax while tuning because the display is nice and bright and very well placed that i can be nice and far away and still tune. Also its got a mute button so i can tune anytime with it. overall its built really well and works really nice--great tuner in my own opinion. I ended up getting mine for 160 shipped from
  4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    +1 for the RT-7000. Like Ibanezzer said, the 7000 is very easy to read from a distance. It is very accurate (when I compared it with other tuners) and it doesn't weigh much either.
  5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
  6. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I just popped in a tu50 and I like it just fine :) Besides it filled that last half space I had...

7. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004