Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Rack Tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Oct 19, 2004.

1. ok, im looking to get a rack tuner and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I was looking at korg and they seem pretty cool, but does anyone know of anything "better." i know its just a tuner and they all tune the same way, but maybe one that is made better than another or something like that. thanks a lot everyone!

2. I have one of the Korg rack tuner (the one that goes straight across the face, not arcing in the center) and I find it's a bit too accurate. In other words, you're wasting time bouncing around between flat and sharp, when you'll be fine to 99% of most peoples' ears. I'd like to find something better, but my favorite tuners are the Boss TU-12H and TU-2.

3. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    i actually just bought the sabine rack tuner rt-7000 and its a really nice tuner. though the strobe function is a little confusing, i think that may be just becuase i've never used a "strobe" tuner. But the normal tuning mode is great, is really easy to read and i can actually relax while tuning because the display is nice and bright and very well placed that i can be nice and far away and still tune. Also its got a mute button so i can tune anytime with it. overall its built really well and works really nice--great tuner in my own opinion. I ended up getting mine for 160 shipped from zzounds.com

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    +1 for the RT-7000. Like Ibanezzer said, the 7000 is very easy to read from a distance. It is very accurate (when I compared it with other tuners) and it doesn't weigh much either.

5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
  6. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I just popped in a tu50 and I like it just fine :) Besides it filled that last half space I had...

Troll

7. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark