1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good reasons why nobody takes trolls seriously after the first few months

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by professorslinky, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. professorslinky

professorslinky Banned

Apr 7, 2008
    Boise Idaho
    This will be my final post on TB.

Everyone should know, if they don't already, that Lemur is an evil corporation run by people other than bass players. I don't know if you youngins' remember but there was a time when Lemur was the cheapest place to shop. But sadly this is not the case anymore. I highly recommend that double bassists with any self respect send there money to more reputable shops. The bass cellar, Bob's House of Basses, David Gage, and Robertsons just to name a few. All of these shops are owned and operated by bass players or Luthiers and not a bunch of profit hungry crooks. So please think twice before you support the evil empire and what it means to the shops mentioned above that deserve your support.

There wasn't a rant and rave section so I thought more people would see it if I put it here.

If anyone would like to join me in creating a picket line around lemur's stand at the convention please email. And if you don't I suggest you don't cross the picket line or I will have no choice but to break your knee caps.

Thanks,
    The Professor

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    If I were a betting man....

You forgot to mention any other than your feeling that they are "evil", and that they are "profit hungry". I'm not sure I would call these reasons "good". More like "subjective". It's fine if you don't like them. Some facts would be refreshing, though.

3. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Seriously, that whole rant was provoked by Lemur's prices on strings?! I think that you need to seek some anger management therapy. (And no, I am not being at all sarcastic.)

4. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I don't recall the last time I saw a post this bad on the DB side. Can someone please remind me of the difference between slander and libel. :rolleyes:

5. Nathan Parker

Nathan Parker

Oct 10, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I'm sure they're very upset that they will no longer be receiving your parents money. Good luck with your picket line at the convention.

6. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Learn to spell Kolstein, Panormo, Sartory, and Francois.

7. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    Good riddance.

Another clear example of the need for stricter parental oversight.

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Amen.

9. This is almost too easy so I wont try to inflame or poke at you. Jerry is a great guy. His staff is also great and customer oriented. Over the years, they have all been very helpful and fair to me. If that has not been your experience you might want to reread what you wrote here. It speaks volumes.

Just another helpful hint. Be careful when you make idle threats to a wide variety of people you don't know. There could be people who have training in one or more martial arts. Typically, these people do not generally offer that information while protecting themselves from a potential threat and/or before they do physical damage to your person.

Best of Luck:rollno:

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    And the moral of the story is, don't feed the teenage internet trolls. I'll watch my knees if I decide to order more strings from Lemur. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.