Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good reverb in a small case

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cvkaiser, Apr 24, 2005.

1. cvkaiser

cvkaiser

Jan 20, 2005
    Germany
    Hi all,

"the best in a small package"- Does anybody has some ideas about good reverb/hall effects in small boxes - not in big 19" rack things - more like the EBS DynVerb. Does anybody has one or tried it-what are your experiences.

Thanks in advance for your comments - Christoph

2. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Digitech Digiverb. I own one, love it, would pay twice what I did to replace it if I had to.

It has Room, Plate, Hall, Cathedral, Spring, Reverse, and Gate modes, a blend control that can go 100% wet, and a High Cut EQ knob. Awesomeness in a box.

3. Warning on Digitech: Between the two of them, my friends have bought 4 Digitech pedals. 3 stopped working within two weeks. That scares me.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

5. PureRockRoll

PureRockRoll

Apr 24, 2005
    i have the electro-harmonix holy grail reverb. it sounds awesome and the flerb setting is really cool.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

What happened to my comment ???
    I tried the EBS and it really does a good job. Very deep and wide still focused. No added noise.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Holy Grail for me. But frankly, anything with EHX's name on it is an easy sale ;)

8. what about those small alesis effects? those ones that are like a 1/4 space on the rack?

9. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I use an Alesis NanoVerb (1/3 rack space) and its attached to my pedalboard, I also have a Yamaha Magicstomp comming. The Magicstomp has 99 user presets, and about 20 verbs!!! I also have owned a EHX Holy Grail (mine was GREAT, but I have played some duds), Alesis Microverb, and a Alesis Quadraverb II.

You really need to shop around, tone is different on all of them. Yamaha's verbs are dark, Alesis are digital sounding most of the time, Boss's are bright, the Holy Grail is grainy (but in a cool way)...

Alex

10. yes the nanoverb is the one i was thinking of...

11. cvkaiser

cvkaiser

Jan 20, 2005
    Germany
    Thank you all very much for your ideas and naming the reverbs of your choice. I ordered the EBS today because I liked the samples on their webpage and even if it has not so many settings it is asways better to have 2 good sounds than having 8 or so not so good ones...

And like Tecx said, its really up to a personal choice if it comes to different reverb flavors...

Thanks again - I will let you know what I think about the EBS DynVerb when it arrived.

Christoph