Good Riks/GK/Avatar questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Dec 19, 2004.

1. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004

I know everyone thinks of them very highly but just for reassurance, are they reliable?(I want my 600 dollars worth.)

This isn't really a Riks' ?, but I live up in the mountains, can I count on UPS? (This is my first time getting seriously involved with them, and I'm nervous as hell that someone will screw up.)

Gallien Krueger:

I noticed reading into the "search" past that the 1001rb-II has more screw ups than the 700rb or even the 400rb series, but GK has been blowing up lately is sales and popularity, and I haven't read anything about GK heads crapping out lately, so do you think GK has pretty much tooken care of this? I would like to open up my 1001rb-II on christmas eve and know it works, then and 2 or 3 months later.

(Since my mom has dropped her squareness and decided to allow ordering over the phone, I've decided on a Avatar B212.
    Everything included, it's $330, I have half of that.)

Is this a good combo?

I like to tune B C# F# D, a very low but sinister tuning. Can this cab handle it?

This is just a first cab, but can I really count on it for clarity and aggressive deep punch? I want merciless thunder.

If room practice is 1 and medium/large arenas is 10 then what number can 700 watts through this cab get up to?

Is this cab USA made? If it gets some parts from other places like every brand does, thats cool but I would perfer it to be as "American" as it can be.
  2. I just recently got my Avatar B212 (4 Ohm) and I am very pleased with it. I'm currently only sending 300 watts into it at 4 Ohms but it is plenty loud for my needs (practice, small gigs.) Are you getting the cab as a 4 ohm or 8 ohm?
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    As a UPS Employee and 1001RB-II owner, I assure you. Fear not.
  4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I believe the issues were more with the previous 1001RB series, not the RB-II series. Also, Riks is a fine store, UPS an excellent courier and shipping company and you'll be just fine bro.
  5. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm getting it in 4 ohms.
  6. Rik's is in Knoxville, TN, where I live. They've had a retail store here for years before they started the online business. I've met Rik- he's a cool guy and is well thought of by most musicians who've done business with him.