Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good ROM sites?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Dec 20, 2002.

1. i've been looking for a good ROM site, namely for SNES roms. I've searched MSN, Google and ask.com (among others) and all the sites I've been to are totally bogus. I've spent half of my afternoon to no avail. I'm mainly looking for SNES RPGs....like Final Fantasy III, Earthbound, Seceret of Mana, and Super Mario RPG.

any help greatly appreciated!

2. Get a life.:D j/k

I used to know some, but it's been at least a year or so. If I remember any I'll chime in.

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    cherryroms.com

Thats a good one, but a lot of the more popular roms are IDSA protected, so... its still got a ton of good stuff.

I used to know a couple others, if I remember, I'll post them.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Sharereactor has great complete(!) rom packs for pretty much any system. You need edonkey, emule or overnet to download.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    All my favorite sites were apparantly shut down. pe2000.net is gone, and so is rpg-zone.com. I have all of those ROMs myself, though, if you know what I ean-may. wink wink Send me a PM if you want me to ail-may them to you.

6. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    not a site, but #roms on dalnet is a good place to get 'em.

7. I found www.vimm.net which has a bunch of SNES and NES roms and so far its doing me good. It's pretty darn slow though. Thanks for the help though.

I checked out cherryroms, but like Nioe said, all the popular roms are protected.

and superduck, if this site is giving me any trouble I'll go ahead and PM you for you to send them to me, if you don't mind. :)