1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good site for learning new riffs/songs?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by perucci, Jan 11, 2008.

1. perucci

perucci

Dec 25, 2007
    While many would say the best approach is probably to listen to favorite songs and transcribe the part...
    ...are there any good/trusted web sites out there for some decent rock/blues/funk riffs? Either tab or standard notation is fine; I'm more concerned with "quality content".

I'm feeling a bit "stale", and was just looking for an easy/free way to pick-up some new musical ideas.

2. I went to Jauqo's " Essence of Groove" set ( for a modest $15) which gives you a bunch of grooves to work with, with different "voicings". Broke me out of my last dry spell but good.

3. Hippiejoe

Hippiejoe

Jun 9, 2007
    activebass.com

the shiz

helped me soo much

4. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic

Apr 9, 2006
    Minnesota
    Find new music you haven't listened to yet and transcribe those parts. Whenever I get in to a rut I find some new music to add to my "favorites" and learn it inside and out.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021