1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good source for vacuum tubes?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MetalMaximus, Oct 5, 2020.

1. MetalMaximus

MetalMaximus

Sep 12, 2020
    Midwest USA
    Good morning, all!

I need to retube a few amps and am looking for a good supplier of tubes. I’ve read some threads on TB about poorly matched tubes and am looking for a reputable, reliable supplier. I know Mesa tubes are reliable and come with a 6 month warranty. I’ll probably retube my Boogie with them, but I’d like to get something else for other amps. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. I’ve used The Tube Store for decades now with complete satisfaction.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Whatever tubes you go with, run them in your amps so if any issues develop, they can be exchanged under warranty.

I like The Tube Store and Antique Electronics Supply. Yes, buy the Mesa tubes.

sharkbait130 likes this.
  4. I've had tctubes.com recommended in here by people I trust.

beans-on-toast likes this.
  5. MetalMaximus

MetalMaximus

Sep 12, 2020
    Midwest USA
    Thanks for the input, everyone. I have bought from The Tube Store, Tube Depot, and Antique Electronics Supply in the past. I’ll probably order my non-Mesa tubes from The Tube Store.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021