Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good store in BOSTON please help?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mesa Man, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Hello fellow talkbassers!

My girlfriend is going to Boston in a couple of weeks, and I thiought I might tell her to go to some GOOD store where they sell musical instruments (read BASS) where she can get me a pickup, Bartolini. So now I need your advice on what store for her to go to. Name and location if you could supply me with that I would be most thankful! :) :) In Boston that is.

Anyone?

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

"Boston Guitar Works" rings a bell.
    They show a (used) Bart 8ST for sale.
    I betcha' gruffpuppy could help ya' out...
    Maybe send him a P/M?

3. Well I was lookning for an MM replacement, but still it looks like a good store! Thanks Notduane!

Keep 'em coming folks!

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
  5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
  6. Ooops!

Hmm well I hope that my girlfriend will be able to get the proper pickup if they have it in the store. Good instructions, and strict guidance will probably solve the problem I hope. She will walk intothe store buying the pickup direct so I dont think this will cause any problems, really. But if I was to order by mail I would consider another store as it seems.

Thanks guys! :)

7. Can you give a more specific location other than Boston?

NotDuane gave you a great link.
    Funkster also has a good tip for ya. :D

Hey Funkster do you goto the Daddys in WormTown. Damn that place is cramped, i would like to go in but i would probally have to drop 40 pounds first :D

8. Wormtown...? Is that Worcester?

9. Yep, but now that i think about it that Daddys may be in Shrewsbury.

10. Yeah, its on route 9 right next to Spags.

One of my friends told me to go to Gordon Music in Southbridge. Any good there?

I just usually take the trip to Natick for Guitar Center.

11. Never been to Gordons. Have been to GC and Mars in Natick to much.:D

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mike Pedulla's shop is near Boston. Maybe he'll sell you a spare Bart.

13. Don't get Barts! According to bassvirtuoso13, they suck, and he must be right because he goes to Berklee. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...

14. That raises a problem SG i went to Berklee and love Barts, they did have a BartsStink101 when i went there but it was an elective and i chose another one instead.

Hmm:D

15. No Im sorry I cant give you any more specific details than boston, say in the more or less central parts of the town. Easy to find! Barts suck? Hmm really? Naahh, not from what I have heard... anyways good stores in Boston was the issue here, anyone ?

16. Funny Spacegoat, but seriously I really dislike Bartolini. They don't have enough top range cut for my liking. EMG's have treble to spare and they sound more like a classic warm bass.

17. Sorry Mesa maybe you can try www.mapsonus.com or something.
    If you want her to go to the place the ND suggested you probally could find out how far it is from where she is going to be.
    Boston tends to be a little messy, and we all drive agressive.

18. DON't BUY BARTOLINI

Because I go to the Berklee College of Music and what I say GOES!!!

19. I will check that link and tell her to look out when shes out in rush hour, look out for all you aggressive drivers.. he he

Why should I not buy bartolini? There must be something personal between bassvirtuoso13 and Bill (bartolini) ;)

stay tuned..

20. Hey bassvirtuoso13, three questions for you:

What's the name of the drum shop on the same street as Berklee in Boston?

And if you don't know that one:

What is the name of the large record store on the corner of Newbury St. and Mass Ave?

And thirdly:

What is the name the local music store chain that has a store on Mass Ave.?

If you really go to Berklee you should be able to answer these with ease.