1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Synth/Auto-Wah for Beginners?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deathofbalance, Dec 15, 2006.

1. deathofbalance

deathofbalance

Jul 11, 2006
    As someone just now testing the waters of effects pedals, I was wondering what would be a good, inexpensive synth/auto-wah pedal to get? I've currently got my eye on the Ibanez SB7, but that's not nearly set in stone. I'm going for a sound that would be good for covers of Mindless Self Indulgence and Rage Against the Machine. Any suggestions?

2. timmyc

timmyc

Nov 29, 2005
    UK
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    the ibanez or the digitech bass synth wah are good places to start. those are probably your best bets.

4. Andy V.

Andy V.

Nov 5, 2006
    Dumbo, NY
    +1

5. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    SB7 is a good all analog bass synth and an envelope filter,if you use it with dry blend,can get some really fat amazing synth sounds.It is a great envelope filter too_On synth settings deffinitely lacks the bottom end,but once that is sorted it is very cool.More sounds on BSW,that is a good one and all.