good tab for song to learn finger tapping to?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by mrWr0ng, Dec 25, 2001.

1. i'm thinkin about learning some finger tapping to throw in my repertoire and wondered if anyone knew some good tabs to practice. i can't seem to think of anythin ggood to play, so maybe someone knows something better for me to start working with :)
  2. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    don't even bother searching for bass players who utilise tapping in a song (the only one i can think of who does it in a semi-accessible rock context is Les Claypool, but i find his tapping to be kind of shallow) - try checking out guitarists instead! these guys are mad for it. i honed all of my tap chops straight from Kirk Hammet's (Metallica) book of shred ;) of course, some of the stuff will be out the range of your bass, but there's still heaps that can be "converted" to bass.
  3. try Van Halen. the guy was well know for it.
  4. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    it's been my experience that guitar tapping and bass tapping are different ballgames.. that said.. look on there are some cool lessons there... or just make up stuff.. play root-fifth with your left hand on the E and A strings, and minor scales with your left hand on the other 2. some cool stuff can be made