Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good teacher in phoenix or tucson?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by kratekyle, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Hi all, can anyone out there suggest a good teacher? I live halfway between phoenix and tucson AZ. I used to play a little bit a few years back. I missed it and now I want to start again, but I want to do it right this time! Thanks,
    Kyle

2. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    I believe Ed Friedland is out that way. And boy, do I wish I could move there!! Actually, I'm really kind of into northern AZ, such as Flagstaff, but I do love Tucson. If they could get a good NFL team out that way, it would be way easier to deal!

3. Great! who is Ed Friedland? Any idea how I could find him?

4. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    Go to edfriedland.com to get all the details on him. He teaches at I think ASU, as well as privately, and has written tons of books. He's also a regular columnist in Bass Player magazine, and I've heard he's an excellent teacher.

5. Uhhhh......Ummmmm.......I don't think I can afford him. Even if I could, his talent would be wasted on a newbie like me. Thanks for the help though. Anyone else?