Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good tech in Dallas/Ft.Worth????

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Adam Wright, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Does anyone know of a good tech in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area? I need a fret leveling on my 5 string and the guy at the nearest store has been no help at all.

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I have heard nothing bad about Charlies Guitar in Dallas. I've even sent a few of my customers up there. PM me for the phone #.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Oh by the way, are you going to the guitar show this weekend? That place will be swarming with people who could help. Arlington Convention Center, shouldnt be too far from you.

4. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Yeah, I'm definitely going.The convention center is maybe 10 minutes from my house.

5. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    This ain't the Greater Southwest show - or whatever it's called -
    IOW...the BIG one???

knowin' my luck, it probably is :rolleyes: :( :mad:.

6. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Well, it is a huge show. I don't know if the one in Dallas is bigger because I haven't been to that one in about 5 years.

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Yessir, that's the one. I went to the one in Dallas this year, man that thing sucked. It was a giant pawn shop. The biggest displays were by Ibanez and Samick. Nothing against those company's, but I want to see stuff that my credit cards can't afford!

Anyone want to try and meet?

8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Sorry to divert your thread, I started another one for the same topic.

The original answer is still Charlie's. A friend of mine has a guy in Mesquite. I will try to find out what shop he's at.