1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good tech/setups in Metrowest Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gully Foyle, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    Hi all -

I usually use Jim Mouradian in Winchester for all my work - he is a god among techs - but sometimes the long wait times, expense, travel, etc. are not convenient.

Who would you recommend for high-quality setups?

Thanks

2. 73BLow

73BLow Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2017
    Central MA
    Bumping this thread because I am looking to get a good setup done near central Mass or wherever I need to go within 90 minutes drive. That could include RI, CT, and NH.

I found through a search that Jim Mouradian was a popular recommendation, but he passed away Jan. 2017.

Beckwith Strings is pretty close to me. Anybody have any experience with them? Beckwith Strings - Handcrafted Guitars and Stringed Instrument Repair

I plan on buying the feeler gauges and capo to do my own, but would like a good reference point by having a pro do it first.

3. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    I'd happily recommend Richard Stanley, in Concord, MA for any work needed. He is a remarkable person, and his work is of the very highest caliber.

Be prepared to pay for it though.

Richard Stanley Guitarsmith – Stringed Instrument Repair

I'll post more on stuff he has done for me a bit later, busy at the moment.