Good things come to those who wait

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zharlon, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    I had to post about a killer deal that came to me, one who waitith....I have a friend that is piecing together an amp rig, but with a tight budget limit..he said 600.00(I think I can get em to go upto mabey 700.00 heheh)...now , thats no chicken feed to be sure,but....I wanted to help em get a rig that he won't end up just replacing in a couple years when his needs are greater..and the way I have always looked at it, spend a lil' more now or end up paying for a total of 2 rigs down the road..dig? Well, I have been biding my time scoping these classified pages, as well as EBAY and HC....FINALLY after 2 months of careful vigilance I found:

Henry the 8x8 for 300.00 of of HC.....AND it was in a town less than an hour away so we could save the VERY considerable shipping on such a large heavy cab...
    Cab is in exelent condition(played my 400+ through it with buttery goodness) and now we have 300-400 to spend on the tone/power section.....( I think I found a QSC rmx1840 for 300.00 within about a 2 1/2 hour drive leaving almost enough for a used Sansamp for pre)......

anyother recomendations for head/power within 400.00 that would be better? any recomendations appreciated

2. Grrr i was supposed to buy that cab :spit: i am very jealous and envious of you're friend...amazing cab at an amazing price. Le Sigh...

-Vince

3. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    Wow...sorry man, J mentioned that I was 3rd in line when I originally e-mailed em, and that was on the day after he posted the sale(instant responses to such a great deal I guess)..It was late on Sat. night that he e-mailed me that the first to prospective transactions fell through, and wondered if I was still interested...Needless to say I Zipped over there the next day to snap it up....Kinda Ironic thing is, I myself had JUST sealed a winning bid on a nice late 80's mesa RR 1x15 with the cover and everything in exelent condition for 282.00(shipping from NY included) the day before I saw the Henry for sale...or I would have snapped the 8x8 for meself....I LOVE those cabs...but as it is...I'll have a 15 to go under me ole 2x10 mesa, and no my friend has a beautiful start to a solid rig(his first bass rig).....though I must say, I am sorry that our gain came at your expense....look at the bright side though...you avoided the 118.00 shipping to get it there...which makes it not as great a deal......kinda like the glass half full idea ...eh?