Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good things come to those who wait

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zharlon, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    I had to post about a killer deal that came to me, one who waitith....I have a friend that is piecing together an amp rig, but with a tight budget limit..he said 600.00(I think I can get em to go upto mabey 700.00 heheh)...now , thats no chicken feed to be sure,but....I wanted to help em get a rig that he won't end up just replacing in a couple years when his needs are greater..and the way I have always looked at it, spend a lil' more now or end up paying for a total of 2 rigs down the road..dig? Well, I have been biding my time scoping these classified pages, as well as EBAY and HC....FINALLY after 2 months of careful vigilance I found:

Henry the 8x8 for 300.00 of of HC.....AND it was in a town less than an hour away so we could save the VERY considerable shipping on such a large heavy cab...
    Cab is in exelent condition(played my 400+ through it with buttery goodness) and now we have 300-400 to spend on the tone/power section.....( I think I found a QSC rmx1840 for 300.00 within about a 2 1/2 hour drive leaving almost enough for a used Sansamp for pre)......

anyother recomendations for head/power within 400.00 that would be better? any recomendations appreciated

2. Grrr i was supposed to buy that cab :spit: i am very jealous and envious of you're friend...amazing cab at an amazing price. Le Sigh...

-Vince

3. Zharlon

Zharlon From Ice Station Zebra....to Deep Charch 9

Apr 19, 2003
    Northwest U.S.A.
    Wow...sorry man, J mentioned that I was 3rd in line when I originally e-mailed em, and that was on the day after he posted the sale(instant responses to such a great deal I guess)..It was late on Sat. night that he e-mailed me that the first to prospective transactions fell through, and wondered if I was still interested...Needless to say I Zipped over there the next day to snap it up....Kinda Ironic thing is, I myself had JUST sealed a winning bid on a nice late 80's mesa RR 1x15 with the cover and everything in exelent condition for 282.00(shipping from NY included) the day before I saw the Henry for sale...or I would have snapped the 8x8 for meself....I LOVE those cabs...but as it is...I'll have a 15 to go under me ole 2x10 mesa, and no my friend has a beautiful start to a solid rig(his first bass rig).....though I must say, I am sorry that our gain came at your expense....look at the bright side though...you avoided the 118.00 shipping to get it there...which makes it not as great a deal......kinda like the glass half full idea ...eh?