Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mean Mr Mustard, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard

Oct 8, 2005
    I am buying a Bass tomorrow but I want a tuner with it, Whats a good relativley cheap Tuner? Is the Korg CA-30 Chromatic Tuner good? It needs to be on musiciansfriend.com because I am using a platnium musicians friend card to buy my bass. Thanks.

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Korg tuners are perfectly fine. But please, next time, post this in Setup and Repair

3. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok sorry, Can a mod move this for me? Thanks for the info Unchain. :)

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Not a problem. Moved to Misc. ;)

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Korg tuners are among the best tuners out there. I'd recommend a rack one eventually, but the handheld one will suit you well. You should eventually get the hand of tuning by ear (then using the tuner to fine tune), it'll help you alot in the long run

6. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I have a Korg DT-10 that I use as a stage tuner. It's a good unit-- easy to see in the dark, and accurate. I like the mute feature.

Downsides: eats batteries pretty quickly (can be powered with a wall-wart though); I believe it's not a "true bypass" signal path

7. I have a korg ga-20 that works brilliantly, as has every korg I've used.

8. Yeah, we just got a small Korg tuner for my wife's acoustic guitar. Only about 25 bucks, and works like a charm. Much nicer than the cheap-o tuners I've been using for years (you know, the small black ones with the label of whatever store your buying them from stuck on).