1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Tunner Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TD3691, May 28, 2012.

1. Hey Guys
    Can anyone recoment a decebt tuner pedal for my pedalboard...
    In an ideal world I'd like the Bos TU3 but $100 for a tunner is ridiculas when basses stay pretty solid on stage and dont need tunning that often... Any decent recomendations?

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    You'll find the threads you want by searching on "tuner" with one N.

3. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    I think most of the usual favourites would be that price or higher, new.

Have you considered using a clip-on tuner? Might not work so well if you jump around a lot or tune down to low F#, but they're cheap and it's there when you need it...

4. Korg Pitchblack.

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    TC Polytune. Best there is.

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Inactive

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    If you aren't willing to spend $100 on a tuner, you probably don't need one at all. lol

7. arginator

arginator

Feb 28, 2009
    Upstate NY
    +1Korg Pitchblack. I got mine used for $50.

8. Honestly, just get a TU-2 if you can't afford the TU-3 (they go for somewhat cheap online).

9. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Until I found a good deal on a used pedal, I used a little portable tuner (unplug from amp and into tuner) that I got for a few bucks used. I still use that for small gigs where I don't take my pedalboard.

10. Pitchblack can be had for less. The Pitchclip is the best head stock tuner I've used. Headstocktuners can be had for $15-20. All of them matched with the pitchblack for accuracy - Snark, NS Mini, and the pitchclip.

11. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    +1 on the snark...

12. Dymond-

Dymond-

Jan 26, 2011
    London, ON
    I tried one out alongside a Boss TU3 and didn't like it as much as the Boss. Have you compared the two?

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Uhhh, any good stage tuner will run you $100, Boss, Korg, TC electronics, the only ones I have seen for less are handheld.

14. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    This. I bought one new when they came out, just picked up one used for $50 for my singer.

15. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas