Good two week experiance

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Smokey, Apr 17, 2004.

1. My school decided to sponsor the French Club in hosting 13 students from Agen, France starting two saturdays ago. My family hosted, Vincent, who is 16, same age as your's truly. I am now very glad we said yes to hosting, and I am considering going to Agen this summer. The 1st week was spring break, and we spent the days touring my area, and chilling with friends at night. He really hit it off with my friends, with his partially broken english and funny jokes. In fact, we really enjoyed being around them, and being able to ask them about France, and how they live there. Fortunatly, Vince spends nights in France at clubs, so he was more than glad to go out every night and be with people. I only hung out with about five of them, but with those five I feel like I developed a special bond. Today, they left for France, after telling us they didn't want to leave, and some even said they want to live here. I'll be honest, it was a very emotional moment, in my school parking lot, while they loaded to buses to go to Chicago, to fly off. I'll admit, I cried like a big girl at the end of the ice cream carton, it was sad. Now, I am really considering going to France, even if it is $900 round trip. Thank you for letting me type this out, and reading it, I had to tell somebody.
  2. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I'm headed out to Austria this summer. Europe is a great place.
  3. Same thing happened after my old high school hosted or visited our German or Japanese sister schools. It was always really funny to watch the students who went away and came back. Before they left, they could have hated each other, but they always came back best of friends and would speak in the language of the country they visited. In saying that, I'm just jealous because I didn't get to spent a month in Europe with the gorgeous German girls (and I mean gorgeous), snuggling up in the Swiss Alps to keep warm...

If you get the chance, save the money up and go. It is an experience of a lifetime (or so I've been told) and even if you go in 5 years time, it won't be the same.

4. yeh, my now ex girlfriend is ona german exchange with her school, and when they went to Germany first she had a crush on me and told them all about how crazy i was and they had to meet me etc, so when they came I made a BUNCH!! of new friends. Funny people, too.

they were over here again last week. I barely got to talk to them due to me and my exs "status" :(

glad u had fun:)