Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good used 300 watt or better amps/4 ohms/ in the $250 - $450 range???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Oct 7, 2005.

1. The title says it all, Ive been looking for another head, maybe as a backup to my Ashdown, Im not sure. But what are goos models, Ive been looking around on ebay, but I havent had much experience with different heads (Ive only so far played on extensively Hartke, Ashdown and Aguilar).

Oh, And im not the biggest fan of Ampeg, Sorry to the enthusiasts out there.

Any suggestions?

2. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Try out a GK (Gallien Krueger). Maybe a Trace Elliott. What about a Pre/Power amp rig? There's so much out there! Especially used.

3. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Check out a peavey firebass.

You can find em for around 300$ on ebay.

4. bassbinge

bassbinge

Sep 17, 2004
    new zealand
    eden wt400, used price towards the upper limit of your price range but a good solid amp with lots of flexibilty with tweaking.warm and clean.

5. ricosuave2093

ricosuave2093

Jun 9, 2005
    Oregon
    I love my Kustom GB1200 and I know where you can get one for $469.99 shipped! And it will do 1200watts into 2ohms and 850watts at 4ohms and 650watts at 8ohms or somewhere in there.

Hey Masher I noticed you have a Schroeder 310212 how do you like it. I would love to get one or two ;) of those if I could afford it. Just curious.

6. Thanks so far folks.

My GC has couple of 700 RB's in stock and I think there is one Eden head that has been unplayed (im not sure which model though). I think I'll head there on monday or tuesday and paly around on the GK. Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated.