Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good used Eden D-215XLT Price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Nov 21, 2004.

1. I know these dont pop up used a lot, but what are some good used prices you've seen? I know you can get them for $575 *new* so its gotta be under $500. The reason I'm asking is that this could be a possible Christmas present if I find one cheap enough. Thanks for any help.

2. How much are they new? You should be able to get one for 500 new. 115 XLT? They only retail for 700 new. You need Eden dealer that will deal with you. You are looking in the wrong places.

edit: you want the 215XLT

sorry. should be able to p/u a new for less than 600 .

3. Sorry, I mean you can get them for around $575 new, not used. I fixed that in my first post.

4. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Where do you get a New 215 XLT for $575. I paid $750 for mine Brand New from Musicians Friend.

There has got to be some kind of catch if they are going for $575 new.Maybe that was refurbished, or possibly a misprint and $575 was for a 115 XLT.

5. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    I paid $700 for mine after shipping around 3 years ago, and that was the best deal I could find after calling 4 or 5 dealers. If you can find a new one for $575, especially given how rare they seem to be used, I'd say grab it.

6. I never bought a 215 XLT. But I am guessing it would be more like 600 for new. But shipping? That would be expensive. The thing retails for like 950. A "good dealer" (i.e., desperate one who can't compete with the superstores) should sell to you 20-30% over his cost + shipping. Some brands are more price controlled like Mesa or Bose.

With a little luck, should be able to find a "good dealer." When you guys go to MF, GC or SA you are killing those mom and pop stores. There is a Darwinian element. Quite frandky, many mom and pop stores deserve it.

But many don't. And if you look hard enough, you will find a dealer on the verge of insolvency who will deal with you. If anything, they at least like beating out a superstore even if they can't make much profit.

7. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    I only buy gear from my favorite local shop (Beat Street Music for anyone in the Syracuse Area) when they carry what I'm looking for. If not, then I go to BassNW or Bass Central. All great places that are willing to deal and have fantastic service. The $700 that I paid after shipping was from one of the above mentioned stores, which was a great price in my opinion.

8. I, too haven't found the Eden 215 for less then $700. I almost purchased a used SWR Big Bertha (2x15) for $650, then checked the prices on Eden.

9. BassNW has them for $575. A guy on HCBF got his for that and I e-mailed them and thats what they said to me too.

10. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Bass North West gave me a price of $629 + $65 shipping. They must really like you. :D I say jump on the new one if you can get it for $575.

11. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    Yep. What Jawzzz said.