1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good used stores near Portland, ME (or Boston!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BillMason, Aug 15, 2007.

1. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Hi all - I'm in Canada, and with the stength of our dollar where it is now, I'll be doing some cross border shopping soon, the last week of August. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good used equipment stores in the Portland, ME area?

Looking for a nice tube head that'll do 2 Ohms, and maybe a 210 or 115 cab.

Boston's only an hour away from Portland, so it's not out of the question, but the family will be with me, so prefer to keep in that area.

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Shoot a PM to Sam Sherry (on the DB side) as he's from Portland and will be able to give you some info.

3. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Daddy's Junky Music is the top used music gear dealer in the area. They have stores in Portland and Boston and some easy to reach places in between including Portsmouth NH and Peabody, MA. Check out www.daddys.com. Their store info is on there as well as their available used inventory. Not all of the used gear is listed, so contact them with specific questions. They may be able to get a piece you are interested in to their Portland store so you can check it out as well.

4. If you're in Portland be sure to check out Buckdancer's Choice. Probably the best local music store in the area. Amazing customer service.

5. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks - do they have a website?

6. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks, yeah I visited the Daddys website earlier today, looks promising.