Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

good wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by benjamintowle, Aug 14, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    is the some thing snarling dog bass wah any good or should i get the white cry babby

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Id go for the crybaby. its pretty cool. i dont know though. the snarling dog one might hold the low end tighter. but, i think flea acctly uses one(a cry baby)

3. I have the crybaby bass wah. I really like it. It sounds fantastic, and with a little bit of practise you can make it sound incredibly good. I think you should definitely go with that one. I've tried snarling dogs b4, and I didn't really like it too much.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Id personly go for the morley bass wah. sounds cool, and its cheaper then the crybaby to.

5. I've never seen a morley bass wah before. Where I live there isn't much in the way of bass effects :( How much cheaper are they PollyBass? Do they sound similar to the CryBaby?

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    its like 10 or 20 bucks cheaper
    i think

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    And no, i doesnt sound EXACTLY like the crybaby, but its a real good bass wah.

8. Tuomas

Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    I have the white crybaby and I've never liked it. It doesn't sound funky or interesting enough. I would buy morley but I hate the auto on/off switch so I'm looking for those snarling dogs. At the moment I've got best results with morley pro II guitar wah that doesn't have that auto on/off.

9. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    i have a 105Q crybaby, and i like it. i dont use it that often ( only when im feelin ...... funkay :D )
    but its a nice wah. i would say go for it over the SD or the morley. i just didnt like the SD ( looks sweet tho ) and the morely gets really annoying with the on/off switch. good luck

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I hear morly's made a new wah. its got a switch to make it a two in one wah. it has a switch for "Funk" Wah. and one for normal. sounds very appeling.

12. Switchable wah hey? That does sound appealing. Especially the Funk Wah setting. I wonder if there's a switch that will make me a better bass player....

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I think were all waiting for a pedal that can do that:D

14. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I played that white wah once, wasnt horrible, but I like my friends DOD Envelope Filter best.

15. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    There are a lot better envelope filters than the dod.

16. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    isn't there that new danelectro wah out that is 4 wahs-in-one? I have never played one, but it looks cool.

17. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    That is so very true, but his is broken so you get this awesome sound and it works right every once in awhile. So its really retro gnar.

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As far as I'm concerned, only Morley makes bass wahs. I've got the old blue Pro Series II (yeah, real old considering they only dropped the line this year) but for $60 it was a steal from Musician's Fiend but it's a tank, sounds good, and is great for metal.

I'm not too much of a fan of the new Morley Dual Bass Wah, because instead of adding another button for me to get confused about, they should've kept the Pro Series II wahs on the market! Oh well, enough rambling.

Give the Morley's a whirl, either way, the new one as long as it's not in 'funk wah' mode sounds good.

19. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I like my 105Q (white crybaby), I'd recommend you get that...

20. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    +1