1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

good wireless system

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PoisonPunk, Mar 13, 2008.

1. PoisonPunk

PoisonPunk

Sep 9, 2006
    philadelphia
    anyone know a good wireless system?? i already have the Samson Airline bass wireless, but i'm not happy with it at all. I was looking at the Shure SLX Instrument Wireless System but it doesn't really say if it works for bass or not. What i like about it is that it comes with rackmount hardware. I would like a system to put in my rack.

So if anyone knows more than i do, please share some advice.

thanx

2. X2 Digital Systems gear usually get good reviews, and Line 6 just acquired the company, so expect them to sell existing and new gear. The prices might also change.

http://line6.com/news/general/649/

--Kent

3. SLY99

SLY99

Oct 25, 2006
    Baltimore
    I have a shure slx wireless. It works fine for me. I've been using it for about two years now. Bass sounds good too.

4. PoisonPunk

PoisonPunk

Sep 9, 2006
    philadelphia
    but it seems that the Shure SLX Instrument Wireless System is more expensive than the X2 Digital wireless XDR-95.

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have an X2. It works great and I think it doesn't sound any different than using cable. My only gripe is the plastic construction.

The Sennheiser EW170 is another good system.

6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    +1 on X2. Nearly transparent and great range. Lots of threads on it.

7. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    The X2 is where it is at IMO. Got mine from Jong at Jive Sound and could not be happier!!!

8. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    +1

i'm using the X2 XDS95, sounds like you're using a cable, no kidding! just be careful of the battery cover of the transmitter when changing the battery. all in all , it's great! i use to have the samson airline, nothing compare to X2. IMHO.

9. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    +1. BTW, X2 just came out with a wireless in a metal case. I'd rather have this one myself, though. I don't care about the plastic case, really. It's lighter and it's not like I bang it around.