Goodbye Ampeg, Hello Bergantino

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arranger, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    I just traded three Ampeg classic cabs for a pair of Bergantino EX112s. Man, these little Bergs really can cut it. They have plenty of high end, even without the horns. And I love the harmonics that I'm now hearing. It's like a new set of PUPs for my 4 string.

And now with the Thunderfunk head, compared to my 200lb wall of Ampeg gear, I'm down to 87lbs in three one-handled carries. My back is so grateful.
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Very cool, nice move. Congrats!
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Ay last nights gig I used my Thunderfunk head and two Bergie HT112s.....what a wonderful load in/out :cool:
  4. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Man! I wish I had a local Bergie dealer to check them out. I have been using my Eden 2X10XLT and Fender 1X15 (Bassman series cab). I used my Eden 1X18 instead of the Fender last night and it actually didn't sound as good.

I am going to check out a Eden 1X15 this week as well as an Ampeg SVT-215E, but those Bergies look sweet! This is all for using with my Thunderfunk (the TF just kills!).

5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I've taken a hard look at the Bergs, especially their 6-10" model. Judging by all the posts from happy Berg users on the forum, you're going to be very pleased.

I'm also a soon-to-be ex-Ampeg user; my BXT-series 410's will be put on consignment soon. I've decided upon the Accugroove El Whappo cab.

Between the Epifani, Bergantino, and Accugroove cabs , it was a tough, but fun decision.
  6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Congrats, Arranger. I bet you're sounding good.

7. Good luck with your new small cabs, Wish you would have sold me the old Ampeg stuff. I have tried just about all the new smaller stuff. Close but no cigar !! Glad you like it. Good luck.
  8. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

In the last 2 months I've done alot of fill-in work with different gigs and got alot of compliments on my sound.. :hyper:
    A big reason is definitely my HT-322...
  9. waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    When you can afford to go small and powerful, there's no reason not to. I tried to get my sound out of a Super Redhead and Son of Bertha. One gig with that and I knew it was time for a change. My back and ears rejoiced when I found a Mesa walkabout Scout used. Small, tone for days and loud enough to go without the PA. Congrats on the purchase and happy hauling.
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA