goodbye, daddy...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Mar 17, 2005.

1. A father put his three year old daughter to bed, told her a story and listened to her prayers - which she ended by saying "God bless mommy, God bless daddy, God bless grandma, and good-bye grandpa." The father said, "Why did you say good-bye grandpa?" The little girl said "I don't know daddy, it just seemed like the thing to do."

The next day grandpa died. Father thought it was a strange coincidence. A few months later the father put the girl to bed and listened to her prayers,which went like this - "God bless mommy, God bless daddy and good-bye grandma. Next day the grandmother died. My gosh, thought the father, this kid is in contact with the other side.

Several weeks later when the girl was going to bed the Dad heard her say "God bless mommy and good-bye daddy." He practically went into shock. Couldn't sleep all night and got up at
    the crack of dawn to go to his office. He was nervous as a cat all day, had lunch sent in and watched the clock. He figured if he could get by until midnight he would be OK. He felt safe in the office, so instead of going home at the end of the day he stayed there, drinking coffee, looking at his watch and jumping at every sound. Finally, midnight arrived, he breathed a sigh of relief and went home.

When he got home his wife said "I've never seen you work so late, what's the matter?" He said "I don't want to talk about it, I've just spent the worst day of my life." She said "You think you had a bad day, you'll never believe what happened to me. This morning the mailman dropped dead on our porch."

:ninja: :smug:
  2. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hehehe, good one, I'll have to remember this :)
  3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    At first i thought that was gonna be a serious post by the title......was scanning it, then got to the final line and i'm cracking up. I must be extremely easily amused at the moment since i'm actually posting about it. :help: :D
  4. Microbass, you devil, you!!! :p

That was good! :D

Mike :cool:
  5. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Awsome joke, I needed that.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yea, I saw big fish too. :p
  7. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I haven't heard that before. Good one. :p
  8. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

+ 1 ...
    great movie , i remember that one too ...
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Reminds me of the Kentucky Headhunters tune "My daddy was a milkman".

10. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  11. This was kind of like one of Rodney Dangerfield's jokes;

"I told my son about the birds and the bees. He told me about my wife and the mailman."
  12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    At first I didn't understand it... I thought it had some other meaning I was not aware of as a non-native speaker. Then I read this:

:eyebrow: :rolleyes: :p :smug:
  13. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    That was great! I really needed that.
  14. Aqueousillusion

Feb 8, 2005