Goodbye, old friend

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pacman, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Today we said goodbye to an old friend. Faithfull and happy, and the best watchdog I've ever seen. We had to let Tia go today, the pain in her legs too much for her to bear.

She gave us many moments of laughter, hundreds of great memories, and always a feeling of safety knowing she was protecting us.

She will be greatly missed. Be at peace, old girl.

2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Jon, I'm so sorry. :(
  3. Our first several dozen 'kids' were mostly cats, a couple of dogs- all gimp in one way or another, so we've lost a few. I hate to be qualified to say this, but I know how you feel.
  4. oh man, that really sucks :(

ive got 3 dogs, 2 of them, sisters, we've had since i was 5, they are now 15 :( , the other one is 13, i dont know how ill be able to see something thats always been there go

i was in a mess when the younger one almost died of leukimiea (sp?), that was a couple years back but he recovered, even tho the vet said he only had a 10-15% chance to pull through
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'm sorry for your loss, Jon.
  6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

sorry to hear about your loss ...

she looks like she was a special friend .
  7. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Sorry for you loss Jon...

8. :(

Sorry man. She sounds like she was a really great dog...
  9. spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sure she was an amazing and loving member of your family.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Jon sorry to hear of your loss.
  11. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Sorry to hear that.
  12. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    You have my deepest sympathy, Jon. May all your memories of her be great ones. Almost every dog I've ever met is a better soul than most of the people I know.
  13. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I'm sorry, Jon. I had to make the tough call and put my dog down last summer, so I know exactly how you feel. It's a terrible thing to have to do, but it sounds like it was the best thing for her. Being a responsible adult really blows sometimes.

Guys, I had the pleasure of meeting Tia, and she was a sweetheart. She could afford to be though--she was frickin' enormous. She will definitely leave a void. Sorry again, Jon. :(
  14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Sorry, Pac, The loss of any loved one is no fun.
  15. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Oh no...from me and my 4 dogs our most heartfelt sympathys. I hate even thinking about it.
    please adopt another. somewhere out there there's one that needs a good home.
  16. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm so sorry Pac... I've been there myself.
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Jion, she will always be with you, in your heart/mind.

The love of a pet is immeasurable, unbounded, and given completely. The only way to recover from the pain of such a loss is to offer it to the next pet.

Jon, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This is unfortunate news to hear. I have been there, and know what you are going through. My thoughts will be with you, take care my friend.

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry Pac, I remember you making many posts about what a great dog she was.