Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

goodbye to my Hartke...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Acacia, May 28, 2003.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I traded my Hartke 3500 in today for a SansAmp Bass Driver DI and a QSC RMX850. Sounds totally sweet. He did a straight up trade on the Hartke and the SansAmp. The RMX was $310.00. I be a happy boy.

2. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Geez bro, where have you been?

Mike

3. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i noticed this morning that i haven't posted since January! I've been around, just not around here. Just recorded with a side acoustic band. I did the bass and drums, sounds pretty decent. Started jamming with a 3rd band last night, sort of a southern fried, black crowes/stones/buckcherry kind of thing. we put 4 songs together last night. so far so good.

what's up with you?

4. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    Did you get the pedal or the rackmount Sansamp? Are there extra options with the rackmount? Also, do poweramps tend to color the sound or are poweramps basically all made equal? :confused: Thanks!!

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i got the rackmount version with no pedal. not sure about any extras compared to the other version.

honestly i don't know a whole lot about power amp, but i am sure they are not created equal.

6. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Everything is good, just baking here in Fl. Actually talking to a hospital in Richmond. Whats the scene like up there?

Mike

BTW, good to see ya back.

7. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    richmond is a pretty happening town. like any bigger city, it has it's downsides. it's about 90 minutes north of here. let me know if you come up.

8. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Will do bro. BTW, Whats up with Willie D these days?

Mike

9. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    no idean about Willie. Haven't seen him since our old guitarist got married last october. i think he sold all of his gear again though. or even *gasp* gave it away.:bawl: