Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassIsBest, Aug 14, 2000.

1. BassIsBest

Jun 7, 2000
    Hey guys. The whole being a part of thing has been fun. But I am a very realistic person and I know that playing the bass is probably not going to be a big part of my future. So I guess I'll stop now while I have only spent a little cash on it and just say goodbye. I have to get prepared for the military anyway. I guess I wasn't being very rational trying to pick this bass playin stuff up. There is no place for it in the SEALS. Peace my friends. Bye.
  2. Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    Well...sorry to hear that...good luck in the future, dude. Take care.

I dunno, it's always kinda sad to see someone leave talkbass...whether i'm close with them or not...
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It can be done, if you want to. How many worthwhile things come easily? I played when I could when I was in the Air Force, though I'm sure the SEAL's put more demands on your time. Good luck with whatever you decide, glad you could at least give it a try.

[Edited by Brad Johnson on 08-14-2000 at 09:47 PM]
  4. frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    Best of luck...and if you get the chance...stop in and say "Hi" sometime....:)
  5. *wipes the tears from his eyes* so sad when ppl put down the bass :( hope to see ya back some time! Good luck with life!

6. gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Wow, a SEAL, huh? Color me extremely impressed. That's an incredible adventure you're about to embark upon, and I wish you the best.

Stop by and let us know what's up...I'd love to hear about SEAL stories!

Good luck!

7. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Have fun at BUDs. It'll be the only time in your life when the highlight of your day is having 10 other guys pee on you, cuz it's the only time you actually get to be warm.

Fair winds and following seas...
  8. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Good luck in your very cool gig. But don't forget if you've got the music in your blood you can come back to it later.I put music/bass/guitar aside for years while I pursued a business career ( way more boring than your thing). And now I'm back and playing and gigging more than I ever have.

So, maybe it's a postponement rather than a permanent goodbye.

Hey! Maybe you'll be on "Survivor" in 40 years.
  9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hey, one of our friends is on the survivor australia show!!!

Anyway, good luck bass. Im sorry to hear that your quitting, but if thats what you feel you need to do, then cool. But keep the bass, just in case you wish to pick it up in the future.

And wow, the seals? Geez! Good luck! We expect you to come back all buff and stuff! Come back and say hi as soon as you can!

Good luck! And remember, have fun, no matter how hard it will be in the military!
  10. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Seals!? sweet~~ :) anyways, remember that YOu can always save your bass and start whenever you want.. You dont' have to start early to have fun with music :) Thats the great thing about music, it connects everyone, Age, Sex, Race. Anyone can get in to Music at any age :)

Whichever way, Good luck to you