1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Goodfellow basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jlec, May 18, 2005.

1. jlec

jlec

May 18, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Hi everyone.

I'm wondering if any of you have any information or can point me to a source that can tell me the approximate worth of a Lowden-era Bernie Goodfellow fretted 4-string bolt-on. The body has a mahogany back and maple top with a layer of walnut in between and the neck has an ebony fretboard with layers of maple, walnut and mahogany running up the back through the headstock.

The passive pick-ups were custom made especially for this instrument by Kent Armstrong (who was nice enough to fax me a wiring diagram after I tracked him down). I received the bass (with the pick-ups) from a producer friend of mine. It was fretted and routed with no hardware and I finished putting it together with some new Stewart-MacDonald parts.

I'm not necessarily looking to sell the instrument, as it plays great, is excellent in the studio and has a very unique tone. I'm just trying to ascertain if it's as "one-of-a-kind" as I think it is.

Thanks in advance for the help.

jlec