Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Goodfellow basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jlec, May 18, 2005.

1. jlec

jlec

May 18, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Hi everyone.

I'm wondering if any of you have any information or can point me to a source that can tell me the approximate worth of a Lowden-era Bernie Goodfellow fretted 4-string bolt-on. The body has a mahogany back and maple top with a layer of walnut in between and the neck has an ebony fretboard with layers of maple, walnut and mahogany running up the back through the headstock.

The passive pick-ups were custom made especially for this instrument by Kent Armstrong (who was nice enough to fax me a wiring diagram after I tracked him down). I received the bass (with the pick-ups) from a producer friend of mine. It was fretted and routed with no hardware and I finished putting it together with some new Stewart-MacDonald parts.

I'm not necessarily looking to sell the instrument, as it plays great, is excellent in the studio and has a very unique tone. I'm just trying to ascertain if it's as "one-of-a-kind" as I think it is.

Thanks in advance for the help.

jlec