1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Goofy question: can I listen to my GK 1001RB-II through headphones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by osciphex, Nov 29, 2006.

1. osciphex

osciphex

Jun 1, 2001
    I now realized that the GK 1001RB-II I ordeded recently doesn't look like it has any kind of headphone out... is there a way I can listen to this head with headphones? The tuner out maybe?

2. arjosy

arjosy

Jan 4, 2006
    New Joisey
    And technically, you CAN use a monkey wrench to change a lightbulb. There's a ton of reasonably priced headphone amps out there. Do yourself a favor and save the wear and tear on firing up you GK for headphones. I use a cheap Behringer mixer. My CD player, MP3 player, and bass all have dedicated channels and it makes it real easy to adjust volume and eq for different tunes. Has a nice, clean sounding headphone output too. Just my two cents.

3. osciphex

osciphex

Jun 1, 2001
    Can I run the DI-out from the GK into a mic input on a mixer? I was just looking for a way to play with the preamp at 2am without making enormous noise...

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Sure, or run the line out into one of your mixer's line inputs. You could also build an attenuated breakout from the GK's speaker output, but if you already have a mixer, use it.

5. arjosy

arjosy

Jan 4, 2006
    New Joisey
    Your DI output is specifically designed to be used with a mic input on a mixer for PA support or recording. No risk there at all.

6. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Umm I plug my headphones straight into the amp all the time.... Oh wait thats because I have wireless headphones huh.. In that case you have to either get a mixboard or something similar, or some wireless headphones, mine are made by Phillips and they were like 40$ and I can plug em stright into my bass even if I want.