1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

googgle and the classified ads

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ialma, May 1, 2010.

1. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    Hello everyone.
    I have a question to technical ones.
    I browse the classified ads with the computer in my office.
    Then I go home and open again the classifieds.
    New ads recently added (i assume compared to those which are on the cache) are in dark blue color.
    Now, the weird part is that when I go back home, I see only the new ads added AFTER those I've seen in the office.
    The two computer aren't on a LAN and aren't connected in any way.
    This thing scares me a bit.
    Does anybody have a logical reason to this ?
    Thank you

2. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    Pssssssst are you logged in at work and at home?:ninja:

The board doesn't know which computer you are on. It just sees the login info and grabs the new stuff from the last time it saw the login info. So if you log in at work at 12:00, then log in at home at 12:30, you'll only see the new stuff from 12-12:30 at home.

And since most people have the board set to autologin and their computers set to save the username/password, you don't even remember you are logged in. :bag:

Wait I thought you were talking about talkbass, but I think now you mean google itself. Same idea, you log in with google.....you may have done it months ago and forgotten, but if you go to google.com to my account I bet you're logged in :)

3. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    That's a perfectly logical thing I had not thought about.
    Thanks a lot for explaining me :)