1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Google calendar help... plus your thoughts on this...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I googled it, I went to every single setting in google, facebook, on my computer, on my android, on my ipad... I changed the settings for birthday notifications, and no matter *** I do, I CANNOT remove the birthday notifications on my google calender. I have an HTC android by the way. I'm being notified of countless people's birthdays, that I don't even know. I've enough on my calendar without that!

Anyone know the well kept secret to stopping this?

What I'd also like to know is WHY you think google/facebook does this? It's clearly a default setting (I never chose it), and a default setting that most people wouldn't want. Why put that into a program, and make it so difficult, or even impossible to remove?

Why also does my phonebook import contacts of people I don't know, from facebook, that I can't even edit to delete. I can delete people I myself entered, but not ones that I don't want, that have been imported.

This stuff makes no sense whatsoever, yet someone programmed it so it happens... and I can't help but to wonder why? Just stupidity and a glitch, or is there something more to this..... ?

Conspiracy theories welcomed. :)