Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Google maps ups the cool factor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Check out the "hybrid" maps.

2. THAT is awesome. I've never seen them before till I actually checked out Google's site.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    thanks for the heads up, i can't believe i missed the new hybrid thing.

:)

4. Damn, I'm missing a slate on my roof.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Cool, that's like the best of both worlds, now I don't have to switch back and forth. Not that I really used satellite mode alot.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sweet, I found my place, my girlfriends place, my guitarist's place, and our practice space.

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    look at the white house

there is a bunch of blurry spots around it

:eyebrow:

8. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I found that yesterday. It's pretty cool. I use the satellite mode alot to check out routes for bike and canoe trips. The hybrid mode makes it alot easier to get your bearings than satellite alone. It's amazing that they have taken the time to get the roads and images to line up perfectly even for a remote area like me.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You know, we think that this is all whiz-bang cool now, but if we look back at how impressed we were by this in say, five years, I'm sure we'll all have a good chuckle. :D

10. Not when they are running streaming video looking down my Wife's shirt. :smug:

Hey! If you could set up personal accounts for that.... ;)

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Heck, I've been able to do that since... uh, I mean...

Never mind. :bag:

:D

12. "In the name of science honey, do the gardening topless. " :p

13. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Wow, I found my house, school, and everything I use to go to back when my dad was stationed in Ft. Campbell. That was some 13 years ago. I didn't even remember the street names, I just looked for the PX and went from there. Too ****ing cool.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah... google maps is my fav maps right now except for one downside... they really need text only version... google maps wont load from my phone so i cant really check out the google maps from my phone which i do all the time... I think i will email them about that...

15. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey you guys should download and play with Google Earth
    Hours of fun............

16. i always use google maps... i find it to be the best. and it is now even better. those guys really know what they're doing.

17. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Google Earth is definitely where it's at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. That's what I'm waiting for... REAL TIME satellite images! Not photos...

Uhhh.... not your wife in particular, just cute sunbathers in general.... :hyper:

Or tracking your teenage daughter on dates....

Randy

19. Google Earth? Looks like Keyhole changed name. I'm definitely getting this new version, it's a cool program to mess around with.

20. Great call on the google earth! amazing!