1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Google Wave

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by baba, Sep 29, 2009.

1. I signed up a while back but havent got an invite just yet :(

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I just signed up.

I have no idea what it is, but I have to wait.

3. mcbosler

mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    First 100,000 regular user invites go out tomorrow. Those people may be able to invite others. We shall see.

4. I still don't get what it is...

Can someone explain?

5. Just more Google crap to clog up the interwebz. Get in line, sheep.

6. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    sounds kinda like a super-forum program in real time. Embed videos, screw with fonts, etc as you type in a chat-room setting.

I could be wrong, I just read the brief little blurbs on the site, I haven't actually watched the video yet.

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    LOL! +1 to that tho. Google even has an OS in the works.

Maybe someone can refer to a really OLD version of the bible, but im pretty sure Big J said "and the MEAK shall inherit the earth", not "GOOGLE".

8. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Every online app is part of Google's plan for world domination :p

I think there's a place for online computing, but it won't replace everything. Hopefully.

9. Yeah, those search engine, email, map, and earth apps they made are crap. Wish they would come up with something useful.:eyebrow:

10. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    So, let me get this straight: you're complaining about Google clogging up the internet by making a post with no substantive content in an internet forum?

11. Yes.

12. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Better Google than Microsoft.

13. Yes, IMHO they are crap. Sure, their watered down apps are free but so what? That doesn't make them good.

I think there are already too many chat/community apps (e.g. Facebook, Myspace, Messenger, ICQ, etc.). When the sheep get home from work and they log onto their Facebook pages, log onto Messenger chat and log onto their Google/Hotmail/G-Mail email just to spend 15 minutes deleting spam, the available bandwidth that remains for the rest of us that don't do that is next to nil.

If I get home and feel like making posts in here with no substantive content, I should be able to do so without waiting damnit! :)

14. Ok. Can you provide examples of who has a better free search engine, email, map, and satellite map application? I assume you've set the bar somewhere with other superior options.

Or are you just hating on the man to fight the power?:D

15. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    its official... when google merges with walmart they're going to take over the world

16. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I'd much rather steal your bandwidth on Wave with clients than on Facebook.

17. Ding ding ding!! .. Johnny, tell the man what he's won :p

Although, I would have to say this search engine is far superior www.ixquick.com .. I say that because instead of giving you 6,362,298,231 matches to your query like Google does, ixquick is a meta search engine that gives you 40ish unique matches.

Also, I find with email that Outlook Express, that comes free with Windows, is less taxing on the system. You click Send/Receive and all your email is streamed off of the central server and you can check it out at your leisure without having to refresh a page for every email you deal with.

Maps? I use the GPS Nav in my Crackberry. Umm .. it came 'free' with my expensive plan .. for my expensive phone. ;)

I have heard that with Google maps, when you zoom in, the actual maps are quite outdated. I have never used it but that's what I hear.

Neener neener boo boo! :D

18. So you're the guy stealing everyone's bandwidth. :spit:

.. or is it just mine?

Paranoid? Am not!