Gordo Club (Mike Gordon)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sleepy_monkey, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I thought that might be the case as well, however this is what Alex at EMG told me:

Active pickups tend to be that way with the volume pot because of the low impedance. We do our best to combat that with 25K audio taper pots, but there is still less of a taper than with passives.

2. Pat Harris

Pat Harris Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Interesting— sounds like there is a linear taper pot instead of an audio taper pot being used in this instance.

I can only speak to my own experience, but the volume control on my Gould works like a fader on a mixing console, thankfully.

Stranger Danger likes this.
  3. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    7A980D30-EED7-4AB4-901C-156AD6798F3F.jpeg

4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The PHiSh is back!!!! Summer and fall 2021 tourdates announced!!!!

As a side note, I am looking for a 4 person pod for Trey's Saturday SPAC show. I have a 2 person pod for that same show and a 2 person pod for Sunday that I'd swap for a 4 on Saturday (hoping to bring my kids to their phirst show).

Stranger Danger and Hop Jam like this.
  5. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I’ll be at Arkansas (my birthday) and The Gorge!

Hop Jam likes this.
  6. Hop Jam

Hop Jam

Feb 16, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    Plan to be at the July 30 show.

Stranger Danger likes this.
  7. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    hershey > AC here

cosmicevan and Hop Jam like this.
  8. drewphishes

Feb 14, 2017
    have a black brass hipshot A bridge for a q5 for sale if anyone is interested

9. Hop Jam

Hop Jam

Feb 16, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    You need to post that in the classifieds to get the eyes/views you need to turn that thing over. GLWTS

10. drewphishes

Feb 14, 2017
    I did

Hop Jam likes this.
  11. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice! Hershey is cancelled and reselling! Gonna try for those. Have night one for AC. Daughter comes home from sleepaway camp the next day so no shot on the 3 night run for me. But Hershey > AC1 gives me 3 nights!!!

Also, if people need modulus stuff...I have gold hardware from a Q5 (bridge and tuners). It was showing its age so I upgraded to new hardware for my Q5 direct from modulus and I have the older ones still...don't have the Q5.

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sweet sweet 93 show tonight for dinner and a movie. Mike's on the Languedoc and that hair!!! AND GREAT WOODS!!!!!!!!

will be up on youtube for at least a few days as these normally are...

MarTONEbass and hieronymous like this.
  13. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    I was at this show! Only remember the 2nd set opener - wish I had memories of it but loving it now!

cosmicevan likes this.
  14. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    It's weird, I'm pretty sure I was at this show, but have no memory of it! I have memories from earlier (1990-92) and later when I became disenchanted (around '94-'95) but this one escapes me. Gotta go back to my journals and make sure I was there. A ticket stub would be nice! It was definitely a cool, fun show to watch though - man, sections were really intense, they were playing really hard. I think this was the biggest New England place they had headlined at that point - I saw them open there for Santana the year before, that was great! - but this was like another level, they seemed to be pretty psyched!

mobeme23 likes this.
  15. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    991E4FCA-8035-4339-A691-A07B9EA68B3E.jpeg Taking this setup next month to play the Bushyhead Farm Festival in Oklahoma with my band Sushi Greenberg

CEJ, MarTONEbass, hieronymous and 2 others like this.
  16. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
    CEJ and Stranger Danger like this.
  17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021