SOLD Gorgeous 1978 Fender P-Bass Precision Bass Black/Black/Maple -Time Capsule!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ricksvintage, Sep 20, 2017.

1. ricksvintage

ricksvintage Commercial User

Price:
    Strings:
    All Original Gorgeous 1978 Fender Precision Bass Black/Black/Maple in EXCELLENT Shape!!
    I'm the 2nd Owner.:hyper:
    The finish is near perfect , no dings or scratches, and the Original frets have almost ZERO wear. Neck is nice and thin like a Jazz Bass and is pretty light and lively , will ship with the Original bridge reinstalled instead of the BadAss II, a set of Flats, and the bridge Cover. What you see in the pics are reflections of the sky and sidewalk, the pickguard is perfect and flat with no swirling.

Original Grey bottom Pickup sounds wonderful and measures at 8.16 Ohms.Comes with the OHSC in good shape. Weighs right around 9 lbs.
    Just a Classic late 70's P Bass that sounds amazing and plays really well.
    $1599 plus actual Fedex boxing/shipping/insurance. In fact, I'll even split the shipping with you. This Classic Iconic Black P-bass will put a smile on your face :D

Buy with confidence and feel free to call me at 727-735-5350 with any questions.
    Thanks! Rick
    I "may" consider taking a Japanese P-Bass in partial trade ( any color except candy Apple red) or will consider other trades plus cash, let me know what you have.

_78 P Bass (1).JPG _78 P Bass (2).JPG _78 P Bass (3).JPG _78 P Bass (4).JPG _78 P Bass (5).JPG _78 P Bass (6).JPG _78 P Bass (7).JPG _78 P Bass (8).JPG _78 P Bass (9).JPG _78 P Bass (10).JPG _78 P Bass (11).JPG _78 P Bass (12).JPG _78 P Bass (13).JPG _78 P Bass (14).JPG _78 P Bass (15).JPG _78 P Bass (16).JPG _78 P Bass (17).JPG _78 P Bass (18).JPG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Atshen, fishstix, Laklandfan and 5 others like this.
  2. fishstix

fishstix

Feb 28, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Might be just what I'm looking for. Do you have a weight?

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Dang that's cool.....

4. ricksvintage

Lots of interest, shouldn't last til the weekend.
    All PMs replied to.
    Thanks!

5. ricksvintage

Weighs right at 9 lbs on my non digital bath scale which I believe is fairly accurate:bassist:

6. ricksvintage

Sold another Bass today, now still thinking about Keeping this One for now:) Had it for so long,sorry to be on the fence.

All PMs answered, thanks for all the interest:hyper:

Still might consider the trade plus cash offers, played it as I have for the past 20 years tonight, this is one punchy perky bass, im gonna sleep on it, on HOLD right now, I'll make up my mind:)

7. DD Gunz

DD Gunz

Jun 18, 2015
    California
    Absolutely love a late 70's P Bass. IMO these has a specific sound inherent of the era. A little more punch, grunt, and snap that I have been unable to duplicate with modern P Basses. I have a 78 with the same color combo.

I want this bass! I am sure it's amazing. But if I were you I wouldn't sell it.

TN WOODMAN likes this.
  8. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    I bought the exact same bass in 1976.... Heavy with monster tone. Around 1980 had it defretted and added a Pyramid Guitars of Detroit humbucker bridge pickup, BadAss bridge (since swapped in a GOTOH).

9. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Very nice bass here, have you made your decision about selling it or not? Also, are the screws on the pickguard screwed in very tight? It looks like it, you can see a dent around them on the pickguard...

10. ricksvintage

What you see in the pics are reflections of the sky and sidewalk, the pickguard is perfect and flat with no swirling.

11. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Ok thanks.

12. ricksvintage

SOLD locally for full asking price, thanks everyone:hyper:

ShirazBop likes this.