1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gorgeous 5 string fretless- Stradi

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cubanbass, Feb 15, 2016.

1. cubanbass

cubanbass Gold Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Hi, I have a fretless 5 string I would like to offer on trade. This bass is beautiful and very detailed, to the brass fret lines/markers on the side of the neck, and the tuners. The neck and body finish is smooth and the bass has a nice woody vibe to it, it is very lightweight. The neck feels great, it has a great balance between the neck pickup (fender jazz) and piezo. Action is very nice and it plays really well. I had got this on a trade thinking I would get into fretless but honestly I have yet to play it out, 5 string fretless with no fret lines is a bit too much for me.

$1500 shipped conus, comes with a tweed case- open to trades 5 and 4 string basses.

Bass is in beautiful condition, electronics clean, truss rod turns and has a clean nut. Here is some info on the bass and maker, this is link to his website http://www.stradi.pl , and this is a video of someone playing the piezo only version with round wounds

Background Info:
    Master Built by Mark Dabek, master luthier from Poland Gitary basowe - Stradi Instruments

The bass is hand made with seasoned tone woods: 5 piece walnut/brown ash neck atached to african mahogany body by multi screw joint in shape of bass key. Tung oil finish the neck is very smooth in touch. The body is finished in gold relic decor with satin polyurethane topcoat.

Specification:
    34" Scale
    1.65" at nut
    Neck: 5-piece italian walnut/brown ash
    Fingerboard: pau ferro with mahogany side linings and brass eye position markers
    Construction: Bolt on multi-screw
    Body: African Mahogany body with flamed ash top
    Pickups: Fender Vintage Noiseless in cutom wood cover (golden madrona top) , Customized Artec wide piezo crystal pickup
    Bridge: Brown oak and brass (for string grounding), string spacing 16,5mm
    Strings: Sadowsky Flatwound
    Preamp: Fishman powerchip with mono/stereo output, phase switch and piezo gain pot on preamp plate
    Pots: Vol, Vol, Rosewood knobs
    Finish: Tung oil (neck), gold relic under satin finish (body)
    Tweed OHSC (from Thomann Germany)
    Weight 3,2kg IMG_3906-2.JPG IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3909.JPG IMG_3910-1.JPG IMG_3911.JPG

nofrontin likes this.
  2. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Would you consider a 2013 Rickenbacker 4003 in Jetglo, (Standard 4 String,) and an added Rick-O-Sound box, (Rickenbacker's Stereo Pick-Up Splitter.) It's 99% stock, changed one of the tone/volume knobs with one of the Rickenbacker website, matches the rest of them. Bought the bass new in 2013 for $1600, Rick-O-Sound from the 2000's for $150. I could travel to you, I would be coming from Eastern Massachusetts.

Thanks,
    Dave

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    cubanbass likes this.
  3. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Mine of course would come with the original 'RIC' hard shell case as well. ;)

cubanbass likes this.