1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD GORGEOUS fretless: swamp ash Warmoth Jazz with glasslike poly-coated fingerboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I think I'm out of my bloody mind, but I'm listing this beautiful creature for sale again...

Warmoth Fretless Jazz with poly-coated fingerboard
    I don't even know how much money I've sunk into this gorgeous beauty, and it makes me a little queasy to think about. The neck alone was probably $800 after all the work I've had done to it. Nonetheless, I never play it, and it's way too nice a fretless for someone with my extremely limited fretless abilities. Body and neck are Warmoth. Amazing clear gloss swamp ash body. Flamed maple Precision-bass neck (nut appears to be a 1.6875" maybe even 1.75") with amazing Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. The back of the neck was professionally re-finished in satin by Pat Wilkins and he also did a glass-like poly finish over the fretboard that is tough as nails (BETTER than epoxy, I think.) He also add "side lines" which are little white edge-of-fingerboard marks where the frets would be. TONS OF MWWAAAAAH!! No preamp but there's a battery box since the pickups are active. Fender USA string-through-body bridge.

The body is in excellent condition, with some minor dings and scratches here and there. Mostly from hardware changes as I never even played it live. Neck is in great shape; might have a scratch or two.

Bass weighs somewhere in the 8.25-8.75 lb range (very rough estimate.)

Pickups and electronics in the pictures are gone.

I have some Bartolini split coil pickups (look like J pickups but are split) that I planned to put in, along with a KSD 2-band preamp. I could install both the pickups and preamp and let it go for $795 shipped. Or $750 shipped if you want everything, but uninstalled. Or $675 shipped for just the body and neck, no pickups or preamp. Losing money big time since the neck was over $800, but so it goes. I won't be heartbroken if I have to keep everything.

The Y-Key tuners in the pics are also gone, but have been replaced by Hipshot clover-leaf ultra-lites.

No case included but it will be packed securely. Lower 48 USA preferred.

IMG_1062.
    IMG_1063.
    IMG_1061.
    IMG_1064.
    IMG_1065.
    IMG_1060.
    IMG_0996.
    IMG_0995.
    IMG_0994.
    IMG_0993.
    IMG_0998.
    IMG_0997.

2. whyrockbass

whyrockbass

Oct 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    This is absolutely killing me. I'm so orb between exploring fretless ad exploring 6 string. Ugh!!!

3. whyrockbass

whyrockbass

Oct 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    By orb I mean torn... Oops.

4. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Ha! That beauty Tim, you're killing me (again) :eek:

5. That fretboard looks smashing.
    Bump

6. Are the controls 2 volumes and tone or volume, blend, and tone?

7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Should be vol/vol/ tre/bass stack

8. Dig Wilbur Ware

Dig Wilbur Ware

Mar 7, 2003
    Very cool selection here.

9. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    ga...ga...ga...

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This may be back for sale.

Pickups and electronics in the pictures are gone.

The Y-Key tuners in the pics are also gone, but have been replaced by Hipshot clover-leaf ultra-lites.

I have some Bartolini split coil pickups (look like J pickups but are split) that I planned to put in, along with a KSD 2-band preamp. I could install both the pickups and preamp and let it go for $795 shipped. Or $750 shipped if you want everything, but uninstalled. Or $675 shipped for just the body and neck, no pickups or preamp. Losing money big time since the neck was over $800, but so it goes. I won't be heartbroken if I have to keep everything.

11. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.