1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gorgeous Sukop SC 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassicg, May 6, 2010.

1. bassicg

bassicg Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    I can't believe I'm doing this and afraid I may regret it. This, Ladies and gentlemen, is one of the nicest, easiest playing basses I have ever had my hands on. The tone is just awesome. The craftsmanship is totally ridiculously artistic and flawless. Perfect weight and balance. Built like a tank. If this doesn't sell it would be just great. I will then have an excuse. I mean even if I didn't play it, it would be just nice to know that it is sitting in the case being mine:D. I am asking only for what I paid which is a firm $2650 shipped which is an amazing deal for an instrument of this caliber. This instrument had been baby set and pampered when I bought it from Climb mid march, and I have given it the same treatment. http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt86/basscadet/Sukop SC 5/
    Here is the original post:http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475518 Again I am not eager to sell. I have some things come up and the extra ching would not hurt, but I can surely work my way around them. Thanks for looking;)

2. coribass

coribass Banned

Feb 21, 2009
    PM sent

3. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
  4. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Thanks Charles. I didn't realized I listed the wrong link. Thank you for the correction. BTW, you are scaring me Mr. Climb in saying I'll regret selling it.

5. coribass

coribass Banned

Feb 21, 2009
    Pics sent

6. hasadari

hasadari Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I have the 6'er and it rocks.

7. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    I appreciate all the fabulous offers I am receiving on this remarkable piece. I am really hoping to reach some type of conclusion by this evening sometime. And as for the guy who offered to trade his MTD 635 for my Sukop plus $2200 on my part, and also presented to a fellow TB'er an even less fair deal for his awesome bass,( I certainly hope I am not out of line for saying this. If so, I ask the TB community to forgive my poor judgement). However, as I see it, we all are very priviledged for the opportunity to be a part of such a great community as Talk Bass. We would certainly serve ourselves better by way of practicing mutual fairness and respect. I myself have enjoyed many a great experience as in owning various instruments, education, selling and trading. All of which I realize would probably not have been possible if not for TB. Let's keep our community nice. Again, I may be off the track and maybe a newer 635 does command such a price. If so please pardon my ignorance.

8. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I don't think you're out of line. MTDs go for $2400-$3200 used, I paid $2600 for my old 635-24.

That's just silly :eyebrow:

9. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Thanks Danny.

10. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Bumplestilskin!

11. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    This one's for Charlie Brown!.......It's the The Great Bumpkin!

12. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Bump

13. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    bump

14. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Fresh strings and set-up! OMG!!! I hope I get a good deal....because I am buying this bass from myself!! LOL. Man what was I thinkin'? I almost let this thing go. Thanks for the warning Climb. I woke up before it was too late. This is the perfect bass. For those of you not familiar with Sukops, you owe it to yourself check'em out. If the rest of the family is like this ole girl, then I will go as far as to say that Sukop basses are among the very best out there, and I mean every word of that. Word to the wise: If you are thinking about selling a bass you really like, you owe it to yourself to first give it a fresh set of strings and a good set-up. Spend sometime with it and decide from there. If you are still indecisive after that, simply send it to me. I'll take it through the paces and give you my assessment within thirty days or so. Flawless basses will be returned and basses bearing any fault will remain in my custody for further observation. Below, you will find my definition of the perfect bass and also the description of what constitutes a faulty bass:

Perfect=I'll be the judge of that!
    Faulty= Let's leave this sensitive area to the professionals (me)!

So send me your MTD's, Fodera's, Nordy's, Sadowsky's, Pavels, Drodz, Alleva Coppollo's ect. ect. ect. but you must act now as this is a limited time offer.:bag:

Sincerly yall, thanks for all of the interest and offers, but we've reunited and it feels soo good!:smug: