1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Gorgeous Xotic XJ-1T 5 String Jazz bass with HRI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by honest abe, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Sold!

I've decided to sell my Xotic XJ-1T 5 string jazz bass in Walnut Blonde color. It has an ash body and maple neck and fretboard. The finish is between a transparent deep wine and root beer brown. It's difficult to photograph so I've included a stock picture at the bottom of a 4 string that best represents the actual color. It is in near mint condition and weighs a very comfy and well balanced 9.3 lbs. The B string is tight and well defined up nearly a fretted octave! It is definitely one of the best 34" B's I've ever played. The action can be set as desired but is currently setup very low with no buzz. The tone is very much like a great 70's vintage jazz but with the modern tonal flexibility of Xotic's very own preamp, the Trilogic 2. It also has Xotics HRI (Hum Reduction Inducter) option that introduces a dummy coil for humcancellation only when both pickups are out of perfect balance. This keeps the single coil tone in tact. Wonderful! It comes with a very nice Xotic (Contego type) gig bag also in like new condition. Asking $1985 shipped and paypaled to the lower 48 U.S. states.
    SOLD!

SAM_0112_zps7f880ae0.
    SAM_0120_zps5d3575b7.
    SAM_0117_zps19dd2869.
    DSC_0184_zpsa61c2448.
    DSC_0183_zps8cb385c6.
    SAM_0109_zps2885c3e7.
    SAM_0111_zps96b42a0d.
    This next picture shows the color of my bass better than my pics.
    xj1t_4st_body_zpsbcf3524b.

SPECIFICATIONS:

BODY:AlderCOLOR:Candy Orange, Black Cherry or Vintage WhiteNECK:22F Maple/RosewoodNECK THICKNESS:1F: 22.0mm (0.866 inch), 12F: 25.0mm (0.984 inch)NECK FINISH:Oil FinishNUT: Pure BoneFRET:Jescar Silver Nickel (#6150 type) PICKUP:XOTiC JB 5-stTUNER:HipShot Ultra LightBRIDGE:HipShot 5 string A Brass ChromeCONTROL:1 Vol, 1 Balancer, 1 Tone
    3-Band EQ Tri-logic 2 Bass Preamp (Mid/Bright SW, Output Gain Control)SWITCH:pull Volume for Passive/ActiveHARDWARE:ChromeSTRAP BUTTON:GotohSTRINGS:D'AddarioNECK SCALE:34 inchWEIGHT:4.5 kg ~ 4.6 kg (9.92 lbs to 10.14 lbs)NUT WIDTH:46.9mm (1.848 inch)NECK WIDTH AT THE LAST FRET:73.9mm (2.913 inch)STRING SPACING AT THE BRIDGE:19.0mm (0.748 inch)MSRP:$3,600Tri-logic 2 Bass Preamp:Three Band EQ (high, mid, low) boost & cut. Center position produces flat, unaltered sound, with no added tonal coloration.

* Mini Toggle Switch - Use the Switch closer to the headstock to switch the mid-frequencies (400Hz/800Hz), and the other Switch to switch the treble-frequencies (6Hz/12kHz).
    * Pre-set gain control to boost gain by one to three times (located in back panel for easy access).
    * 18V drive is for more headroom, which allows incoming signals to pass through cleanly, without clipping the high-end or low-end frequencies. (Requires two 9V batteries)

Tri-logic 2 Bass Preamp Frequency Specification

SW1 (MidSwitch) : Off/On-@400Hz/800Hz - ±12dB
    SW2 (BrightSwitch) : Off/On-@6KHz/12K - ±18dB XJ-1T leaflet PDF
    Bass Lineup

5 string
    4 string

5 string
    4 string
    5 string 24 fret
    Lefty
    Our popular XJ-1T has evolved!

XB-2 5stXB-2 5st 33inchXB-2 6stXB-2 6st 33inchXB-2 7st
    XOTiC's latest invention! HRI (Hum Reduction Inductor) will eliminate the notorious Hum noise of Single-coil PUs!!XOTiC Bass Dealer ListVirtual Custom Guitar System
    Build your own XJ-1T with our VCGS (Virtual Custom Guitar System).Interviews
    Chuck Rainey
    John Pena
    Travis Carlton
    Michael Rhodes

Xotic Bass XJ-1T series Option List (The prices are List Price in US$)
    Xotic Tortoise Shell Pick Guard
    $100
    Matching Head
    $120

BASS XTENDER KEY (D-tuner) Change (4st only)
    $150Neck, Body material change
    $100
    a. 4-st: change to Alder/Rosewood
    (Available Color: Vintage White & Black Cherry)
    b. 5-st: change to Ash/Maple
    (Available Color: Yellow Blond & Walnut Blond)Brass Nut
    $100

2. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    I have another Xotic I'd let go for the same price although it doesn't have HRI. Here is a stock photo of what it looks like (although mine has matching headstock).

xj1t_body_zps3926bd06.

3. satchelbaglio

satchelbaglio Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    I have never played an exotic bass.
    They look like they are very well built and sweet looking.
    I'll have to try one out. GLWS

4. T-MOST

T-MOST

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I have one like it in vintage white. These r great basses that rival everything boutique out there!

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

If you're in or close to Chicago you're more than welcome to check out the two that I own.

They are very well built.

Xotic endorser.

6. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    First time in my life I regret that I'm not filthy rich....... great basses!!!!

7. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Are these USA made basses?

8. honest abe

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    These are made in Japan.

9. +1