1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gorillaz Demon Days Live Dvd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by heath_the_great, May 2, 2006.

1. GET IT, GET IT NOW.....

sorry :D ..but i superbly highly reccomend getting this dvd, not only are the performances flawless, the visual aspects of the entire dvd are incredible...

2. i am considering it...i like the gorillaz a lot :)

3. Er... pardon my ignorance, bu how can The Gorillaz have a live DVD if they're not even a real band?

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    They've got nothing on Victor Wooten.

5. The actual live band is shrouded in darkness for most of the show, with the video screens providing most of the visual interest.

Still, they are a great live act.:cool:

6. gorillaz are actually alot of people, just they present themselves as cartoons....dela soul, ike turner and a few other people make an appearance on it...as peter squier said, the band is actually in darkness the whole show with large screen behind them with cideo footage, guest artists you can see though.

7. I might have to wait until JB-HiFi has it on their shelves for $9.99 a piece.

8. i bought it from jb the other day for $26...its worth it..i doubt it'll be on the cheap any time soon

9. true...I hear that Tina Weymouth was even the bass player for at least the first cd, or at least she had a part in the production...but i hear that it's a pretty fun concert to go to...i'd go to one if they came over here...

10. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    man you've got my interested in picking this up, i do like me some gorillaz

-jimbo

11. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I saw that at Target last week. Looked intruiging. I'll have to pick it up.

12. Larry99

Larry99

Aug 17, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I am very, very intrigued by Gorillaz. The music is fun, if not all that profound. ...but it's a pretty cool, creative concept, artistically and visually. I don't know if I'd by just the music/cd, but I'd love to see the dvd. The whole act, if you will, is quite entertaining!

Does anyone know who the actual musicians are?

13. I know the bassist from Blur is the singer i believe...dela soul is in the bunch...there is another rapper who had a part in it, but i can't remember who...And i believe Tina Weymouth is involved in some way...

btw, nice post...what you said about the gorillaz is exactly what i think of them...just a fun band to listen to, and they have a good concept too :)

14. the list of musicians is in the booklet with the dvd.....i think the album itself is great....manchester gospel quier are in a few songs too, whole strings section....

15. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Actually the SINGER from Blur (Damon Albarn) is the Gorillaz singer :)