Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gorillaz: Demon Days

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, May 24, 2005.

1. Damn. what a good listen. A perfect pairing of Damon Albarn w/ Danger Mouse. Lots of good jams...intelligent mashups, a good flowing lyrics.

Gone are the hokeyer Dan the Automator jams (which I still dug...the first album is a classic) and replaced with more slow-paced, groove intense tracks.

Great stuff. Better than the last record.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Feel Good Inc is on repeat here, haven't heard the rest tough..De La Soul is starring on that track, and they sound great :)

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I'd have to agree. I've not listened to all of it yet, but what I have heard has been great.

4. I've had it sine lunch today and already spun it 3 times, I simply love what I'm hearing.

"All Alone", "Kids with Guns" and "DARE" are simply stunning...as is the mentionned "Feel Good, Inc", and "White Light".

I can't wait to drive home...whatta soundtrack! I need to give "Guero" a rest anyway (that album really grew on me, unexpectedly)

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Very good disc all the way around! I find it more musical than the first one.

A few of my favorite tunes are, "El Manana", "November Has Come", "All Alone".

Well worth picking up!

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I got the leaked copy, but I'll be buying the official release as soon as I can get to a store. 'Novermber has come' is a great track, MF Doom is, as always, stunning. All the other numbers are equally as good, I agree that Danger Mouse is a much better choice this time around. I liked the first record, but this one feels much more cohesive and groovier.

7. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Picked this up today and listened to it a few times now. So far I really like it. Feel Good, Inc. is a great song and the video for it is the coolest music video I've seen in a while.

8. I can't stop lovin' that song. Must purchase the disc..

Man, it just gets under my skin :hyper:

9. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Great cd. I think I might buy it if I see it somewhere.

10. I just bought it via iTunes and burned it for $12.99 USD. I love iTunes :D

11. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Brilliant album. There are some absolute genius tracks on there :)

12. I'm listening to it while in my hammock beneath the apple trees. The sun is shining (for now) and the apple blossoms are falling all around me.

It's good to be alive... :D

13. I LOVE Feel Good Inc., I don't know what it is but it's just so awsome.

I got the album and it isn't nearly as quality as Feel Good Inc. But the bass is nice and deep, and they mix acoustic guitar with techno beats and orchestra and organic vocals so well. I like these songs: last living souls, o green world, dirty harry, el maana.

14. You didn't like the 3 song reprise that closes the record? (not saying you didn't, just curious) I friggin love Dennis Hopper's reading of the "happy people" story, followed by the poignant quasi-Spiritualized "Don't get lost in Heaven"...just awesome.

I think DARE is one of the best songs on that disc, as well as Feel Good. Alone is pretty cool too, and features Martina Topley-Bird too.... grooooowll!

I can't stop listenning to it...so good.

15. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I picked up the offical release today, there are some things that are better than the leaked copy, and somethings that they changed that I didn't like.

"DARE" is one hundred times better, Shaun Ryder's vocals are mixed much better and the generally feel of the track is less bland and more razzle-dazzle.

The biggest disappointing change was on "November has come". On the part where Doom goes "Bye, can you dig it like a spigot/ My guess is yes you can, like can I kick it/wicket/". On the line "like can I kick it" there was this great little 2 second drum break down that was pure James Brown/Old school b-boy style hip-hop and it, in my opinion, made the song. They've made a few things better on this track; clearer bass and cleaned up the beat. But that two second drum break were so good I can't believe they took it out! If they do a remix/outtakes album of this (which they probably will) and this track is on it, I will be all over it, until then, I'm going to keep that leaked track.

Haven't really combed through the whole album that much, just checked out those two tracks in earnest. Final judgement pending.

16. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Agree completely, one of my favourite bits of the album =)

17. Dosen't "Don't get lost in Heaven" start out like a Beach Boys tune? So cool...

18. my fave song is the happy people story, it kicks ass.

btw anyone got the feel good inc single. there is a song on it called spitting out the demons. it rocks, theres some wicked bass on it.

19. DARE is amazing , shaun ryder is a dude!! I cant wait to see the mondays this summer now!!
    fire comes out a monkey head is cool as well also kids with guns!!

all the songs have prominant bass lines , so what bass do u reckon was played on feel gd inc judging by the tone??? :p

20. anyone know the bass rig used on this album?