Got 2 kittens last night

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fastplant, Jul 1, 2004.

1. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    For my wife's bday. They're 10 weeks, friggin' insane, both of them. But cute as hell. Any advice for new owners of kittens? I've had cats before but none this young.
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Take a picture. We like pictures of kittens.
  3. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    kittens aren't emo...... are they?

I'll take some pics, but I don't have a dig. camera, so I'll have to develop them and scan em.
  4. Some advice? Lots of Neosporin Antibacterial Ointment and Band-Aids. :D ( seriously though, the scratches will heal much faster if you use the ointment )

- Dave

5. Hop to it !!

6. Sure!!! first you start with a saute pan and some butter. I usually throw some herbs & garlic in right off the top.. Then as the butter starts to melt, you..... oh wait... i think i missed the point of this one....

:D :D :D
  7. HEY!!! u said in the horseshoe thread you liked kittens!! :spit:

8. no, read more carefully ... i said i like cats..... :p
  9. [​IMG]

Bootsie (mother), Shadow and Rupert from 1984.

- Dave
  10. kittens get stuck between your teeth anyway... :eek:
  11. use the claws to pick you're teeth, duh!

;) , i love kittens
  12. i like kittens too...

with garlic, some thyme and a pinch of Essence..BAM!! (does best Emeril impersonation)
  13. Put some bitter bitter lotion on all wires...When we got our kitten, he decided to chew threw all the wires for the speakers for my stereo...I wasn't too happy. Other than that - Make sure you always play with them, feed them well and pour cat litter all over the floor so they get the point that litter = good.
  14. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Aside from cooking them, hehe, good advice, I'll be getting that stuff for the wires defintely. I took some pics and will be posting them probably today or tomorrow.

15. Get a puppy... kittens and puppys get along well :)

16. TOO.....CUTE!!! :D :bawl: :D :cool:
  17. There are four kittens outside my patio right now. I'm cool with the mother (she likes being petted) but she hasn't brought her kittens up yet. I put a big piece of wood down for them to climb up onto my patio but they haven't come up yet.

Anybody in the bay area, California want a kitten? There are too many cats in the neighborhood. If they reach a critical mass, the management of my apartment complex might try to do something about it. I've done all I can do. I've taken in 4 over the years and found a home for one.

They're really cute. Long hair, some grey and some black.

- Dave
  18. Huh. I'm not a big fan of long haired cats. But probably because everyone I have come in contact with was wicked mean and bitey.