Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a band? Got any recordings? Read this thread!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Selta, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Heylo all! Thanks for stopping by...
    Recently I came to ERAU for college. When I was going through my orientation, I picked up an application for the college radio station. Anyway...onto the actual topic now, eh?
    If you're in a band, and have decent recordings, and want to have them played on the radio, I can do this now. And if you have a website and want me to plug you, I can do that as well.
    All you need to do, is IM me, PM me, e-mail me with a link to the MP3, or whatever sound file and give me a link to your website.
    Only requirement is that it's a decent recording, nothing to low quality or distorted or anything.
    Have a good day all! Lemme know if I can help at all!
    Ray

2. Wait, so you actually got the gig? That's awesome! Rock on! :bassist:

3. Hey man,

My band 'Walkers Line' would love it if you would give some of our music a spin on your radio station. We are releasing an Album in September on a large indy in Canada and anywhere we can get our music exposed right now would be awsome.

You can check out our site at www.walkersline.com , that has some tunes and if that's down (we are redoing it soon for our CD release) you can get some tunes at http://www.garageband.com/artist/walkersline

Thanks

Chris

4. PM Sent, Replied to, and Replied to again for good measure!! :D

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Chris - I like your band's stuff! It's always good to get Canadian bands y'know? :D

GoldenBoy - your stuff rocks as well, enjoying it alot!

Cliff - only listened to one song so far, but I'll fit some in on my show heh.

Everyone else - keep this up! So far I've gotten 5 different bands to give me material, and if I get enough I could just turn my show from a heavy metal to a new band or some such show. Hey, just an idea.

Update for everyone: We're going off-air for the next week or so to upgrade pratically every piece of equipment in the studio. Sooooo that gives me a week to revamp my show!:smug: so everyone join in :). I've already several different types of music, so style and genre arent of concern here.
    Drop PMs, e-mails and IMs! So far this is going good.

Mods: Can this by sticky'd for like a week?

Ray

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity Ray. Hope your show goes well!

7. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Sounds cool MArk, good luck with that! :) ..and hop all is well!?

BTW, I recently quit BlackSeaFire only to replaced by Cass Lewis of ex-Skunk Anansie fame! So keep your ears open for the BSF, they might just make it! :)

8. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  9. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Does it have to be originals, or can we send covers?

Thanks,

Joe

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  11. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
  12. Hey, this isn't Ray obviously, but yeah he's stuck in Florida and got screwed over by Frances. He told me to tell all of you of his situation and he promises to get back on here as soon as he has access to the internet again, but thanks for the replies. :hyper:

13. Here's a link to our song...we're finishing the mixing on four more this Friday...thanks man!

"Nineteen" by Ameba

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

thanks for the update! I've been wondering how he's fairing

http://www.hartsafire.com/wake

:bassist:

15. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Congrats on the new gig Ray!

We have some demos on our website. Since we are just starting out as a band, we dont have the demos completed. but they are of decent quality and can stand on their own as playable songs.

www.americansinner.com

when we get around to re-recording them, i will put up another post.

Thanks!

16. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
  17. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Firstly, thanks Mods for making this sticky! I appreciate it VERY much!

Secondly, thanks Amanda for posting that reply last night, but, I can take control again now!

Thridly, sheeze this is going to be one big update...link removed - wrong one! that SHOULD be the link once the station is all up and running. I'm not 100% sure on anything at the moment though, and with Frances effing everything up for the moment, I wont know for a few days at least.

SMASH - I'll e-mail or PM you my address as soon as I get done with this update. Any and all info sent will be handeled well, the more you can give me on the bands and what not the more I can plug them ;)....

To everyone else, I tried to reply to the many PMs I've gotten in the last week then I've been screwed with by the hurricane. And Ivan's coming maybe now, so bleah! Horrible horrible horrible! Anyway...
    For those who don't know what's going on, read here:
    I heard there was minor flooding in the station, haven't been there myself, as it's closed since I got back. I've no clue when we're going to get back on air or anything yet. Heck, I don't even know when or IF I still have a show, but let's hope that I do...
    Next thing is that I'm working as fast as I possibly can to download, listen to, and research the great responses to this. I appreciate every bit of it, and every reply makes me want to do it more and more. If you know anyone who has a band...:p.
    No, but forreal, right now I have somewhere between 40 minutes and 1:30 of music, which is simply awesome. Before this mess I had two 2 hour shows, and if I could get between 2 and 4 hours of music, that'd be awesome! But even if we stay at 1:30, that'd be great too, cos I do do most of one show on it...

Another thing is COVERS! I am not sure about me being able to play covers legally on air, unless you have the rights already to be recording the music. I could get myself and the station in serious hot water in doing so, if I have my facts straight. I'll check with the manager and the FCC guy that comes around and see what they say. If you are a cover band and want to have my play your music, and you simply don't have anything else for me to play, I imagine I could possibly work out some sort of deal. But if possible, I'd rather stay away from them.

Okay everyone, sorry for the hella long reply, but I had to cover alot of ground, and haven't slept for more than 3 hours a night in the past 6 nights, I imagine I missed some things along the way. If I did, just re-post your question, as I'll be on again my usual times from now on (as long as I have no more hurricane *cough* Ivan *cough* come my way!).

Please, take time to read this reply though, any question/comments/concerns please just PM or post, IM or e-mail and I'll be on top of it.

Thank you everybody for being so responsive to this, and for stickying it and for EVERYTHING, it is appreciated very much.

See you all later, take care and keep on rockin'!

Ray