1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a Bergie!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dave, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Well after wondering what kind of cabinet I should get, I ran across one of these here on TB and picked it up (the Bergantino HT115). My goodness how that Roscoe sounds through this.

:D <--That about covers it.

100_0415small.

100_0410small.

2. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Congrats!
    I bet your Roscoe does sound great through it. I picked up a Berg HT-112 the other day myself! Great cabinets!

3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Congrats!!:cool:

I love the HT115. I use mine as a standalone on low volume gigs.:)

Paired up with my HT210, -it's insane.:bassist:

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice! That is the best sounding 1x15 out there, by far, IMHO. :)

Tom.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Congrats! Great cab. Don't drink all that coke and mountain dew at one sitting though, you'll end up rushing tempos! :)

6. Haha, thats about a weeks supply for me.

While Im thinking about it, anyone have any suggestions for getting like melted packaging peanuts off the cover? While in shipping, the side that was on the bottom either got hot, or smashed the peanuts so much, that theyve almost become one with the cover. I was able to knock most of it off, but theres still like a little residue.

Dave

7. Thats one big reason why I went with one of these, Tom, after hearing your praises of them. I can definitely say that you were right on in doing so, this is a wonderful sounding cab, even with only getting about 150 watts out of my Walkabout.

Dave

8. Nice set up, sloppy home. Mmmmm, Walkabout!:) But thats the first time I ever believe seeing a deskjet printer, Coke soda cans, and Oldspice Deoderant all in one room!:cool:

:smug:

just messing w/ ya!

9. Hahaha, well thats the little living space I call my bedroom. You missed the rolled coins beside the printer and old car subwoofers on the far left. :D

10. Woops! Must of missed those! But nice set-up man. I'm envious of the Walkabout. I wan't one!!! :crying:

How does the berg sound compared to the GK?

11. The Berg has more punch and a little more low end compared to the GK. It can also go way louder. It sounds like its going to be an excellant gigging cab, its got those low mids that cut right through the mix, but Ill have to wait to comment more untill Im able to play out with my band, which should be this weekend sometime.

Dave

12. Congrats in the Berg. I love my HT210S.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I got myself a HT210S a couple weeks ago. I still haven't had a chance to try it out with a bass yet. I am using it in my home theater system. It kicks major butt for that.

I'll pair it up with my iAMP800 when it gets here Monday. Then, I need to find a bass. I have a feeling this won't be the only Berg cab I will own though. :D

-Mike

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice choice!

Though I'm GAS-ing for an IP 310, I may have to look to upgrade my amp and cabs seperately rather than go for the "whole enchilada." If I do, Bergantinos will be at the top of my list.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Hey now.........I'm willing to chip about a grand in to your GAS fund if you'd part with something in particular. :D

-Mike

16. Well, I got a chance to open up my mini-stack up on Friday night in a late night jam session with my band. This cab is flat out sweet. Its got that sound Ive been looking for, except its just ever so slightly shy in the mids, but Im pretty sure that was just the room.

I plugged it up and ran the eq like I did with just my GK cab, and I definitely liked what I heard: awesome low mids that just cut through the mix like it was nothing. I still got some good low lows, but I chose to cut out a little around 30hz to tighten up the sound and let me drive it louder. I love the tweeter on this cab too. I left it flat and it sounded very sweet, not harsh at all, very smooth. Overall, this is a great cab if youre looking to punch through the mix.

This thing can defintely get loud. The place we were jamming in is our church sanctuary, which holds around 4-500 and the setup I used to use (my GK cab and a Hartke 2x10) would barely cut it in there when we were playing out, but with the Berg and GK, it was great sounding, and very loud.

Now I really want HT210 to put on top of it, but thatll have to wait till I get some more money. Im broke after this and buying all the parts for my senior project bass Im building.

Dave

17. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Excellent choice; rock on! :)

18. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice try, Mike! I'm not willing to part with it just yet, though. A huge part of the appeal of the IP310 is how my DJ5 sounds through it. :D

19. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Dave,
    You might want to consider adding a HT-112 cab instead. It would be a little more portable and IMO would sound very nice with the 115! I've owned a couple of the older series HT210's and while they are very nice sounding cabinets, they break up fairly easily. Probably due to the more open porting to produce the nice low end. I can crank the HT-112 up and it doesn't even give a hint of distortion.

20. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Congrats on a nice rig and also for the odd angle on the closeup of the nameplate!