Got a Boss Chorus Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by camerondye, Dec 14, 2002.

1. camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    I've got a Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus Pedal and I've found that it has some unwanted noise. Does anybody know of a chorus pedal that has thick chorus that is completely quiet. Any help would help.
  2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    DOD Super Stereo Chorus, is by far the best chorus I have ever played for bass (and the cheapest) - and it is SUPER quiet. Also any EH choruses are awsome but pricey.

3. I have used my Boss chorus CEB-1 for three years and it has never made any noise...I think you have a defective one maybe.
  4. I might have a defective one too. I have to be very conservative or it makes noise.There is a guy it my town who fixes electronics. Is there particular component that he should check out? Is there a schematic available for this pedal?
  5. I am currently using the Ce-5 no noise issues at all. I briefly had a ceb-3 don't remember any noise issues so first guess would be it's the power supply, Id try it with a battery to see if that's the issue. I will say I the ceb-3 was too subtle for my taste. I like the ce-5 because it's more obvious without sounding whacky and out of tune like a lot of other more obvious chorus pedals.
  6. Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    I have a Boss Bass Overdrive and a Bass Chorus basically when they first came out. They are noisy even when they are off but I think they may have changed that in current models. I have a Boss Line Selector coming in tomorrow to see if I can keep a clean signal and only activate those or my OC-2 Octave with the Line Selector. Cheaper than purchasing all new pedals.
  7. I owned a CEB-3 for a few years and never had noise issue coming from the pedal. If you're looking to change, my favorite chorus pedal by far is the MXR Stereo Chorus. The newer Bass Chorus Deluxe and TEch21 Bass Boost Chorus are very good as well.
  8. DirkP

Jan 18, 2013
    Hamburg, Germany
    But not exactly quiet, at least not the Stereo Clone Theory!
  9. boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    Used to own a CEB-3 and also tried out the CE-5, never had any noise on either. Check your power supply and/or battery or you could have a defective pedal.

I also liked the EHX Small clone, thick chorus and warm don't recall any noise on it. Currently use the EHX Clone theory, great thick chorus but some hiss if you use tweeters.
  10. I just changed from my 2.- thrift store special to a 1 Spot power supply and it is totally quiet now. I still have to check how it does when I have my other effects hooked up to the same power supply. The 1 spot comes with 5 connectors I'm only using 4 pedals so it should be OK.