Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got a brand new Sterling yesterday

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zirc, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    The 3 month wait is over.

Left Handed Sterling, Maple Neck
    Radiance Red
    White Pearloid Pickguard
    Matching Headstock

[​IMG]

There are some interesting things I noticed about this bass. The first thing is that it makes me play better. I feel I can play lines easier than I could on the Fender Jazz. If I were to compare these basses with cars, I'd say that the Sterling has much faster acceleration. The neck of the Sterling is a lot smoother as well.

The weight is a huge difference. The Sterling is a lot lighter than the jazz and slides around the neck a lot easier. I can move easier with the Sterling.

Even though the Jazz has a Badass Bass II bridge on it, the Sterling still has more sustain. It is also much hotter and has more balls because of the active electronics.

A good word to describe the Sterling tone is "driving".

The hardshell case is very nice as well.

Really I can't find anything wrong with it. Any questions on it are welcome. I'll answer all I can if someone is looking to buy a Sterling.

Oh and I also found a new place for my jazz... :D

[​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice bass. Sterlings are great. Glad you got a maple fingerboard. Enjoy it.

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    A nice Fender Jazz in the trash...... :mad: congratulations in your new bass but i hate to see a Jazz Bass in the trash,i love Jazz,am very angry :mad: :mad:

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Hey, throw that Jazz in a box and send it my way instead. I'll even pay shipping. ;)

5. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    You play lefty? :p

The jazz will be kept as a backup until I get another Sterling, but I'm pretty sure it won't be touched unless something happens with the Sterling.

6. Paul182

Paul182

May 18, 2005
    Ireland
    How much was she?

7. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Pretty!! Hey don't let Joe Nerve see that -- you KNOW what he's gonna say!! Does MM still make the Sabre bass, or any two pup basses?
    BTW - what day is trash day at yer house?? (Never ever do that to a Fender! tch tch)

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MM just announced they will be making 2 pup stingrays and sterlings.