1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Got a cheesegrater! (RAMBLING STORY + PICS)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by steve21, Apr 6, 2006.

1. steve21

steve21 Banned

So, today I come home at about 3:40. It's a relatively big day, because tomorrow at 4:00 AM I'm heading to school so we can go on a bus trip to go the San Francisco area for a Latin Convention. Me and my mom are packing, and my mom goe to the bathroom. Then, my little sister comes up to me and begins crying at me. I ask why, and she says she'll sad I'll be away from home. I try to think of anything that'll make her stop crying, and she asks for me to bake (break-and-bake more like) cookies (my mom hates baking, so she doesn't like to). I say yes. The moment I say yes the tears clear up and she runs to my little brother yelling "YES! GOT HIM TO BAKE!"

So, 10 minutes later I'm standing there with cookies in the oven, talking to my mom. The phone rings, and I pick up (something I never do). It's my uncle (age 20).

Uncle: Steve, I gotta ask you something
    Me: What's up?
    Uncle: I gotta ask you about a guitar, how is a USA FENDER STRATOCASTER?
    Me: It's awesome, why?
    Uncle: My friend's selling one for 300, should I jump on this?
    Me: YES!
    Uncle: How much do they go for new?
    Me: About a grand, go for it dude.

Thirty minutes later my uncle comes to my place, huge padded gigbag in hand, and we play it thru my GK. We find out it's a 2000 USA Strat, and I play around with it some more. He tells me to keep it (he's going to take guitar classes in the fall, and will be taking back the acoustic he gave me when he takes the guitar classes).

So, now I've got myself a great playing and sounding guitar. Lots of love to my uncle, an amazing, great guy who does so much for me.

And now, through all my rambling, pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool guitar, nice uncle. :bassist:

How old is your sister? She has guilt mastered. :D