Got a couple of markbass pedals yesterday

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mat b, Sep 5, 2010.

1. mat b

mat b

Dec 21, 2005
    Albuquerque, nm
    Compressore, super booster, and super synth. Haven't had alot of time with them but here's what I got so far. Super booster is sweet! Bassically a volume boost, and the vpf and vle filters. The volume boost can be applied to your straight signal, or to a filtered signal. It's nice to take a solo and be heard! The vpf is nice! No more eq'ing the amp for slap stuff. It also works as an active D.I. Buy I haven't put it up against the sansamp yet.... The compressor is really nice as well. It's quiet and the tube warms up the sound just a little. Its nice for just evening things out. The manuals on all of these were kind of week though... Hardly any cool presets in them. The synth is definately the most exciting but also has a learning curve. You can get the software online and customize your presets. At first I felt like the presets sucked, and the software was kinda hard to use. I felt like I couldn't dial the sound in my head through the software... But I eventually got the hang of it, then realized there's another area with controls for even more fine tuning. I'm thinking this thing can do some pretty cool stuff if you put some time into it! If you have any questions I'll try to answer them as best as I can!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    was interested in the super synth till i found out there was no way to dial out the bass tone all the way. did they ever fix that issue?

3. I can't say for certain. It's certainly pretty synthy, no denying that. Being able to tweak the sounds via software is cool, I just wish I had time to actually sit down for another session and work it all out.

4. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    Absolutely, there's a mix control in the software that sets the balance between dry (bass) and wet (synth).
    So you can make presets subtle or all-synth.
    There is no such knob on the pedal itself though.

Cheers,
    Peter

5. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    PS that wasn't a fix, the software has always provided that control.

6. Peter: Is there any way to see the settings for each preset in the software? A few of the presets I'd like to get setup in the "user" mode and tweak from there, but seeing as the software is pretty versatile this in itself is quite an epic mission.

7. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    But, there is always a small amount of dry, even with the blend set to 100% wet. Or so I have read, Markbass said they had no intention to fix/upgrade it.

8. Bassinat66

Bassinat66

Jan 19, 2008
    Hawaii
    Okay I got mine yesterday and the learning curve is steep. Will not connect to my computer!

No trouble shooting in the manual and I am not able to connect the synth/octaver to my Mac. Everything seems to be set up correctly but the red "PEDAL NOT CONNECTED stays on even after holding down the CONNECT BUTTON. YES the synth/octaver tab is on. As for the presets, they are there, but only 2 or 3 of them will be for me.

I use a Markbass Traveller 2X10 cab and a LMK 250/500 two channel head. I have a Markbass Chorus/flanger that works GREAT. Love Markbass but this Synth may be a return to the dealer item!

How to get ti to connect to my Mac Book Pro??????????????/

Help is on the way?

Gary

9. Peredur

Peredur

Jul 7, 2002
    Wales
    Did you manage to connect to your computer in the end? I am having the same problem :(

10. Peredur

Peredur

Jul 7, 2002
    Wales
    Just realised that the software works on several different MB pedals. If will only connect on the tab which relates to the pedal you are using. Feeling stupid, but leaving this up for reference.

11. beginourdescent

beginourdescent

May 28, 2010
    London
    I love the synth pedal but have to confess that i was also stumped when I first plugged it into my mac. You'd think it would recognise which pedal is plugged in, but there you go. Once I'd worked that out, I've made some fantastic presets - I prefer the subtle synth sound to anything to brassy but I've had a lot of complements about it when playing.

12. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    It would be great if you were willing to share your presets! I am still finding my way with mine!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021