Got a Fender!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Here's the story. I went into a local Guitar Center a few months ago looking for a Fender Deluxe Jazz in sunburst. There were none in stock and the sales person checked the other 100+ stores to see if he could get one shipped over. Nothing. He called Fender. They didn't even have one in their warehouse. So he told them to "custom" build me one. He said it would be here at the beginning of September, but he called a day later saying it wouldn't be here until the end of the month.

Well. I got a call today saying he got it in early! After I write this I will be on my way to Guitar Center to pick it up. I know this thread doesn't exist without pics, but I will be too happy to write about it.

I will have pictures in an hour or so... YAY! :hyper:

*edit* He let me use the one they had in the store (black) until the sunburst one got here. You can find pictures of that all over this board. I have a new love for the salespeople at Guitar Center, they are soo laid back.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Suh-wheet. The deluxe Jazzes are fine instruments. Enjoy. :cool:
  3. GOT IT!!

Here are some pictures! (Not the best, bet meh...)

4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sharp lookin' bass, dude.
  5. Thanks! I don't even want to touch it... :rollno:

But I want to jam on it! :D
  6. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Excellent choices on body/pg combination.
  7. Simball

Mar 26, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Welcome to the Fender Jazz sunburst with tortise pickguard club. Awesome looking combination. A true classic :cool:
  8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  9. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE

The 62 RI is amazing, love the stacked knobs. I'd throw the pickup covers on it too!
  10. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
  11. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    I ditched the nasty stacked knobs a long time ago, just haven't taken a more recent photo. I tried the neck pickup cover, but it prevents me from playing over that pickup, which is where a lot of the best tones are.
  12. Possu jam

Possu jam

May 16, 2004
    Damn that´s a great looking Fender! It´s just something I´ve been GASsing for... Congrats anyway!