Got a good deal.I think Warwick Buzzard $850

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Warwick buzzard bolt on 4 string for $850. Bit of an impulse but should be good. Anybody have any comments on the buzzard 4 string tone since I think its the p/p combo. Now I deffintaly have to sell my rick though.
  2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Yep, that seems to be a really good deal...nice score!
  3. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    While I am a huge Warwick fan, the buzzard is not my taste. That being said, nice score. That thing cost waaaaaaaaaaaay more than that new. Congrats.
  4. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Yep, you're in about half-price territory at 850 =0)

Nice score - I love the buzzard's tone, though I like it a bit better fretless and ebony instead of with-frets and wenge. It hits hard like many other Warwicks, too, but the zebrawood lends a voice unlike the thumb or corvette can offer. Pups may play a part in that, but I think that P plus reverse-P mostly cancels out the thuddiness on the low strings that a straight P-pup setup would have.

5. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Thanks for the responces. So how diffrent does the zebra wood change the tone? Dose it still have the basic warwicks sound?
  6. Nice deal, I like Warwicks and as a Jazz, Funk player it probably wouldn't be my first choice but I'd have one 'cos they are just too coool! and probably sound great, especially knocking out some old Chic tunes :bag:

7. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    It's not *terribly* different, but I personally think the zebrawood adds just a little extra "zing" of brightness. Not a lot, because both it and the typical Ovangkol/Bubinga body are both very heavy and dense, but I'd pick it over a Corvette or Thumb anyday. Also of note is the giant mass of the body. That means lots of sustain =0)